Frostbite Shackles' "+1% Ward retention per 1% uncapped cold resistance" not applying to all cold resistance

As far as I’ve been able to test, this effect from Frostbite Shackles is only giving Ward Retention for cold resistance obtained from “+% cold resistance” effects.

Any cold resistance obtained from “+% elemental resistance” does not give any Ward Retention from this effect.

1 Like

Stumbled on this aswell!
Tested methods: swapping items, idols and passives (Elemental Ascendance) with +cold and +elemental resistanses.
Observed result: any of “+elemental resistance” part doesn’t adds to ward retention.

ALSO, another related interaction with the item’s ward retention bonus: Cold resistance from buffs bonus for WR doesn’t rolls back after buff’s expires.

Example: Mage with 420 WR, having Teleport skill with Crystaline Passage passive (+20% cold res) and Stable Bubble (+50% WR).
Expected result: have 490 WR after casting Teleport, then back to 420 after buff expires.
Observed result: have 490 WR after casting Teleport, having 440 WR after buff expired. Reequiping any item/idol resets it back to 420 until next cast.

1 Like

Is the game using the erroneously higher ward retention to calculate ward decay or is it just a display issue? If you could test it with Exsanguinous/Last steps of the living and see what your stable ward is, that would show which it is.

Thanks! Haven’t thought about that, the test data was even more interesting!

If I have LSotL equipped too, the WR actually updates correctly!
Sometimes, the +20% WR part drops a bit later, but it drops consistently.
I couldn’t reproduce it with anything else thought, so I guess LSotL updates character in some partucular way so the stat goes down correctly.

But without LSotL tests provide:
268% WR and 384-385 Ward before Teleport.
288% WR and 400-401 Ward after teleport.

bump for visibility :slight_smile:

The devs know about it, you don’t need to bump the thread.

So is this a display issue only?

No, it’s a real bug where any resist that isn’t explicitly cold resist isn’t counted (ie, elemental resist, the Shaman’s various ele resit per totem & the like).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.