Frequest Crashes When Loading into Zones

Hi all. I have crashed 10+ times in the last four hours or so of play time. Crash occurs mid-loading of a zone. The crash happens quickly, as in the program does not hang or anything. It’s “click transition” “loading zone .5 secs” “crash”. Usually there is a brief flash of the Unity crash reporter, but that disappears almost instantly. I have my settings very low for my specs, and I have done most basic things: updated gfx card/windows; limited frame rates; dropped settings; reinstalled/verified. Only thing open at the time of these crashes was either chrome or discord, but eventually it did crash with neither open.

Recurring entries I’ve seen in logs are:

1. The referenced script (WFX_LightCurves) on this Behaviour is missing!
  2. The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Point light’) is missing!

And the crashes begin with:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.PlayerLoopHelper.AddAction (Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.PlayerLoopTiming timing, Cysharp.Threading.Tasks.IPlayerLoopItem action) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

Player.log (141.3 KB)

Another crash, this time in the middle of a zone. Typical running around. Only browser open this time–decided to try it with Edge. New crash log uploaded here.
Player.log (754.7 KB)

Several other crashes now. I can’t even play one zone anymore. I thought HP Omen Gaming software was the issue. Nope. Every time there’s a crash, I re-verify files and it shows a “download complete” in the downloads folder, but the verification says all files successfully validated so… I don’t know. I’m at my wit’s end here.

Most recent crash log here. This crash happened immediately on a zone transition. Also, I can consistently get crashes when changing my video settings from Low to High, but changing them up gradually or manually does not trigger it. Ugh.
Player.log (86.0 KB)

Well, I’ll just keep talking to myself in here. I was able to stop the crashes from happening but I’m not sure why. This seems to be associated with memory usage (GFX and/or RAM). Even on Low settings with rate set to 80Hz, I was still getting crashes. Here’s what I did that seemed to help:

-Dropped rate to 60Hz
-Dropped all settings to Low
-Force closed all HP Omen software (this software has never caused an issue with any other software before, not sure if this is a culprit but it saves memory for LE)
-Created a new shortcut for Steam that saves memory use:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe” -no-browser +open steam://open/minigameslist

Things that did not work:
-Updating windows with all recent patches
-Updating GFX card drivers

I’m disappointed. This game looks gorgeous and runs great @ High/Ultra, but it crashes literally every single zone transition. I am forced to run it at 60Hz/Low when this PC should support 120Hz/High or 60Hz/Ultra at least.

If anyone from EHG or the community has any ideas, I’m all ears.

The game still crashes albeit rarely. It’s absolutely something to do with memory usage. Opening a second tab in Edge caused it to crash. I wish we knew what the issue was so I could put the gfx quality back up, but as it is LE is extremely unstable for me when above Low quality and 60 FPS with any other apps open (ie one tab browser and discord).

Well, I solved the problem. Increasing my pagefile size from 4GB to 16GB seems to have done the trick. Apparently when using SSD, you need a much larger pagefile size. Thanks to blizz forums for this one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.