Freeze when defeating / third phase of Lagon in standard Ending the Storm

Freeze when defeating or during third phase of Lagon in standard Ending the Storm

First two phases are fine, when teleported back to fight Lagon for the third phase the moon indicator never advances, after 2-3 minutes the game hangs and requires being closed through ctrl-alt-del or ‘program has stopped responding’ prompt. Because the moon indicator isn’t advancing, I’m unsure if the fight ends because I win, or because of time, or a specific minion/skill interaction.

Two crashes reduced my stability, one crash did not.

After first crash I verified file integrity and repaired 1 file. Verifying file integrity after the next two crashes had no result.

Log is from third crash, didn’t save previous logs.

Playing “We bought a Zoo” primalist, 5x minion build 2 wolves 1 scorpion 1 spriggan 1 raptor.

Crash Lagon log.txt (205.1 KB)
DxDiag.txt (114.4 KB)

crash lagon immediate.txt (48.2 KB)

Updated graphics card drivers, next freeze was almost immediate after fight started.

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles trying to play…

A few things:

1. Your OS could use a patch to 19042

2. You graphics drivers are newish so that should be ok.

3. You have done Steam file verification numerous times.

4. The errors at the end of the dxdiag do not look like there is something generally wrong with your system.

5. You dont mention your in-game graphics at all but I am going to assume based on your hardware that you are running at Very High or Ultra settings with possibly unlimited framerates? LE has performance related instability that could be causing your crashes… Try the following… Temporarily set your game to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (not vsync) and ALL settings to very low or disabled. Try again and see if you can get the game to crash again… If its stable, then this is the problem… If not, its something else that will require more digging… If the graphics change improve the stability, then as your default is 1080p leave that and increase the FPS to something you are happy playing at - DO NOT leave it unlimited - Monitor your GPU usage to make sure you are not maxing it out - I like to keep my GPU on less than 80% usage… If its still stable, then increase the in-game settings one at a time testing as you go… as you are already having hassles I would not go about Medium for any particular setting but it will be up to you and testing for stability…

Thanks for the help, I did that thing you’re not supposed to where I tried multiple fixes at once, but either the windows update or lowering my graphics/capping FPS did the trick.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’d like to report that I had exactly the same issue in fighting Lagon, and capping the background FPS allowed me to finish the fight as well. Ironically, I’m also a pet Beastmaster player, but I only have the Raptor instead of a zoo of pets.

I was playing on Low settings, and all the other Monoliths had no issues either. It was just the Lagon fight that’s causing this crash.

Thank you very much for your report and allowing me to piggyback off you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.