Forge/shatter bug still very much present

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/forge-shatter-button-periodically-becomes-non-functional-fixed-by-exiting-to-menu/23079/12

this exact bug i’m getting and im not able to reply to the thread as it’s been closed, im making another thread to revisit the issue, as i’ve had to close my game and restart it 10 times in the last hour. (only 5 to this bug specifically, though, the other 5 were because i was trying to carry on a conversation with a new player in chat but chat broke as we were talking)

Many UI elements just randomly break;

The forge button using any rune breaks constantly, almost every 5-10 minutes for me - the skill tree button occassionally does not work and clicking a skill does nothing, requiring a restart as well. sometimes the filter button will randomly stop working as well, meaning you have to close the game and lose progress on the filter you just spent 30 minutes making lol

this combined with chat just being nonfunctional in any regard due to a litany of issues ranging from randomly disconnecting from the chat server and having your chat not work untill a restart, chat fading instantly, chat having delay for messages sometimes in the minutes which can all only be fixed by a game restart, has me restarting my game as much as once every 3-4 minutes at times.

it’s really irritating :l

It’s hard to -not- reproduce these bugs, i cant find any deterministic course of action that causes them to break specifically, but everything listed in this thread happens within minutes of me logging into my character usually.

We’re aware of the forge/shatter bug, but unfortunately our attempts to look into it haven’t gotten very far. We haven’t experienced it breaking every 5-10 minutes as you describe, and even when it does happen it’s difficult to debug. It’s still on our radar though.

We have a fix for chat issues not appearing properly which will be in our next patch and are monitoring for other issues with the system (we’re experiencing a peak number of players at the moment).

I haven’t heard of the filter button not working, could you please upload your log file if you experience this again? Log files are always appreciated for bug reports, particularly if it isn’t reproduceable 100% of the time (as is the case here).

Thanks!

noted, will do next time it happens, though that particular bug has only happened once for me

the forge one is nearly constant, if i had to guess i’d say it has something to do with the ui widget having a desync of some kind, because it happens whenever im using the forge a lot, itll just break, maybe im clicking it too fast or escaping out of the menu too fast

and the skill tree buttons not working was a report from somone else on discord, that has not happened to me personally, but it just seems that the general ui itself isn’t being registered some of the time, i understand how it can be hard to diagnose code wise, it’s just really irritating

Maybe adding a /reloadui command or something to reinstantiate the UI could provide a temporary workaround to the problem, i’ve had the forge issue pop up while i was in the middle of monolith runs with a full inventory of things i wanted to sort/shard in some way, which can be problematic, it causes me to lose some loot sometimes, a reloadui would allow the problem to be fixed with out requiring me to leave whatever zone im in

that also theoretically can be a catchall fix for various other ui bugs

also btw i just have to say this game is fucking amazing and you guys have done an amazing job with it, i really appreciate the work you have all put into it - it shows a level of thought that isnt put into most arpgs design it’s really refreshing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.