Forge Guard Forge Strike Shrapnel node

Hello Devs!

I see that this has been discussed in bug reports before but I wanted to outline some test findings regarding the “duration” of the forged swords. Forged weapons summoned via Forge Strike have a BASE duration of 20 seconds. Test findings are outlined as follows:

1. if specc’d into the well forged weapons node (4/4) and NOT the Shrapnel node (0/1) the forged swords duration is 32 seconds. 20 secs * 1.6 = 32 seconds. Makes sense so far.

2. However, if specc’d into the well forged weapons node (4/4) AND the Shrapnel node (1/1) the forged swords duration is 8 seconds. Which, evidently, must be calculated as such: (20 secs * 1.6 = 32) * (1 - 0.75) = 8 seconds.

Shouldn’t the -75% duration from the shrapnel node be calculated relative to the base duration of the forged weapons (20 seconds)? I.e. additive instead of multiplicative? At the current state of the -duration being multiplicative it is not worth speccing into, 32 second vs. 8 second duration is not much of a comparison IMO. I would think speccing into the shrapnel node would result in a 17 second duration for the forged weapons.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Both nodes could definitely do with clarifying whether they are more or increased, certainly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.