Forge change idea's + monolith

After playing the game for a few hundred hours and seeing changes beeing made, I was thinking about the mechanics and how these changes affected me (good and bad). Maybe other people also see it like this or think in the same way.

For starters; Forging.
After seeing the items getting forging potential (fp) in stead of a % chance to break, forging got alot less interesting for me.

First:
Items from the vendor or gambling got almost completely useless or at least a very very low chance to be forged into a usefull item (late game). The amount of fp on them is almost nothing and should in my opinion be increased. (if this is intended and the gambler/vendor is only to be used while leveling, then it is fine as it is :slight_smile: ).

Second:
The items dropping from the monoliths are very diverse, finding an item wich is usefull for your build is rare (as it should be). When something drops wich is remotely usefull, trying to remove an affix and upgrading the rest is nearly impossible with the low fp on the item. Finding an item with 4 affixes that are a perfect match is nearly impossible (wich is fine ofc.). Until some point that is fine, after a couple of hours without finding an upgrade it gets frustrating.

What is the problem (imho)
A combination of low fp on the item with a possible high fp cost for a mutation. T5 affixes is something you want or rerolling numerical value of affixes/implicits, but that is only done in last stages and most of the time you won’t get there.

My solution?
Give a low impact action a smaller range of possible fp cost and/or some action a fixed fp cost. For example: rerolling values/removing affix runes could be a fixed amount of fp. Adding affixes (T1 through T5) having increasing fp cost per tier; so say that a T1 affix should cost between 1-4 fp, all the way to 1-12 fp for T5.

changing (or adding) a feature
What about a feature that lets you specifically choose ONE suffix and you can trade that within the same type (so not randomly as glyph of chaos)? The other side is that you can’t modify that suffix any further.

Then my other point: monoliths.
Activating empowered on all alts
After getting to the endgame with a few characters, i am mostly annoying by the fact that every character needs to run through all the normal mode mono’s in order to empower them. I have seen a post about this already, wich was also my idea: make empowered mono’s account wide.

Inside the mono’s:
The amount of echo’s you need to go through, in order to be able to face boss in the last quest echo for a chance for a blessing, should be lowered. The combination with the amount of blessings in the pool makes it to much of a time sink (considering the 10 mono’s). Something should change there in order to keep the farm for a good blessing (also properly rolled) enjoyable. I shouldn’t just be handed to you, you need to work for it, but in the current state it might be to much of a farm.

mono rewards
The tomes of experience + completing the quests (finding all the timelines) give a laughable amount of experience. 1000 exp for completing a quest or 5000 exp from a tome as a lvl 80 character is just nothing. Simply increase the amount (fitting with the level, so say 2% of the total amount needed for the level per tome (or total for that echo reward)).

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.