FoE's Poison Monolith Farmer, Huge DPS, Little Investment | Last Epoch Lich Build | Patch 8.0d

Keeping the AoD up is for the negative poison res it grants negative poison res per int

lol, oh yeah, what was I thinking. Haha, yeah that is hard to give up.

Yeah it’s just a bummer that it deals 0 dmg by itself :D.

This build is super fun, very easy to level, and appears to be quite strong so far. I don’t know why it wouldn’t be good for people new to the game. Got her up to 55-56 already. She’s definitely a monolith farmer, and a good one at that, but I wouldn’t use her in arena. I did use Infectious Dead for the wandering spirits though. It seemed to make sense on its face, but I don’t really know how much difference it makes.

Sometimes, just for fun, she stays in human form and runs around the packs screaming like a school girl while dropping putrid bombs out of her backside. She’s a silly lich.

Do you think it would be useful to use Exsanguinous in order to sustain permanent Reaper Form?

Exsanguinous drains your health, that’s not going to help you sustain your health against the drain from Reaper.

Good catch, thanks

Is a new update on the way for the latest patch?

1 Like

So there isn’t much to update, except how you change resistances and stacking endurance where you can! Its all just gearing.

What do you guys think of Drain Life instead of Aura of Decay? Sort of doing the same job (keeping Reaper Form up), but damage instead of Poison Penetration, and more active playstyle. You’re stacking Damage Over Time anyway…just a thought, since I am levelling with DL (and not using Aura yet), and it feels a good synergy.

Drain Life drains your mana very quickly and must be channelled or cast, while Aura of Decay is always active. With DL you must target while whit AoD all enemies nearby will automatically be touched. DL is ranged while AoD is almost melee. I think AoD is far more “easy life” and efficient, especially if you use it to drop poison bombs.

Fair enough. Just hit 49 and trying Aura out before judging. One thing I discovered…I could activate Aura then replace it on my skills bar with anything else (went with Golem) and the Aura stayed active? So I have 6 skills. Legit?

It is still leveling even if its not on your bar. Aura of decay is known to snapshot things and you can play it without it being on your bar. AoD snapshotting just isn’t recommend in the guide because it is not intended behavior

1 Like

As FoE said it’s not intended behavior. I would almost say it’s a bug exploit. When you remove Summon Skeletons froms the bar, all the skeletons disappear, for example.
With Aura of Decay, be sure to have the healing node maxed, or it will kill you. :wink:

I have it swapped to Armour Shred instead of Poison, as per the build. Are you suggesting that I could revert it to Poison and survive it? Is that a good idea, given my Healing Effectiveness is only 250% and my Poison Resist is negative.

As a footnote, I switched in a Plaguebearer Staff but it drained my health quite severely. Is it not viable here?

1 Like

No, follow the build. Some builds stay in poison, but they need a very strong counterpart.
I don’t know for the staff. I’m using this build on one on my Liches, but not with a staff.

Currently running this build on my first character in HC. Works amazing. Just hit lvl 66 after about 8 hours of play. So super strong and great map(mono) farmer. Not sure what I will try next but this build seems super easy to gear for.

Trying to chose idols for this build. I have plenty as this is my 4th Acolyte, so wondering which of the following affixes would be strongest, I have several combinations of all or most of them…

X% Poison damage when Aura of Decay is active
X% increased damage while transformed
+X% Healing Effectiveness
X% Poison chance at low health
X% Poison chance on hit
X% Poison chance on spell hit

Also does Spell Damage do anything for the build? Specifically wondering if it is worth running a Profane Mask (89 Armour, X% spell damage)?

Finally, any thoughts on running an Aegis over the Shield? I have a tier 6 with 110% DoT, 40% Poison damage and decent resists on it.

For the idols, I use Cooldown recovery for Transplant. You need to be able to cast Transplant as often as possible, so reducing the cooldown is a priority.

My other Lich’s are hogging all those. :confused: So… other than that affix… which?