Flip the crafting system around

Well, there’s a massive difference. I don’t know why you aren’t seeing it, I mean the entire point of the suggest is to remove instability entirely while making crafting much less accessible. It’s just a bad idea all around and all because they’re upset they fractured an item.

I agree, all I’m saying is that there are other ways to balance crafting that don’t involve bricking the base or spamming currency (PoE).

A bit delayed and the discussion has obviously shifted a bit, but no it’s farming crafting materials (crafting mats aren’t currency in LE, we have gold) in order to craft on well rolled base items, or items that are already rolled decently but only need a little tweaking i.e. removing an affix to add a better one, rerolling affixes or implicits or increasing tiers of affixes already on an item. All of which has risk making it fun, same as trying to gamble from the vendor for potentially good items to use for crafting. you could spend a couple shards making a perfect item, you could never get it or even worse brick your item. You could spend 10,000 gold at the gambler and get something insane or you could spend 10,000,000 and get nothing of any use at all. I love every bit of it and so does most of the player base.

Again though, Mike already announced they have some changes planned for crafting specifically so we’ll have to hold our breath and see what’s to come. Hopefully they don’t make it too easy or even make it more difficult to craft good items, without over complicating it like PoE does of course.

Well, your chances of bricking a base are pretty slim. Maybe you won’t get quad t5 affixes, but it’s not bricked unless you fail on the first attempt and it was only mediocre to begin with. I still feel this is just part of the process of min/maxing and balanced appropriately. If you make it too easy to finish an item like this suggestion then you’d only ever have to find one item with the appropriate item type and one good exalted mod. Fracturing is really the only good way to prevent it from being that boring.

1 Like

Sure, there are ways, but either it’s randomized or it’s targeted. Trying to flirt with both types of crafting methods, as PoE has been doing in the last few years, is completely inane.

Items fracture because it’s way too easy otherwise. Shifting luck on crafting to luck on finding shards is pointless, you’d have to rework the entire crafting system to accomodate the shift on fracturing being gone, and shifting that to mindless farming, just waiting so your items can be crafted would be an uterly poor game design.

Having agency on what you want to craft is leagues better than having to simply wait on what you want to craft. I get what you’re trying to do, but i’ll say it one last time.

Don’t break what doesn’t need fixing.

There’s more than one of you behind this account? :thinking:

Are you waiting for trade to start crafting or something? You are implying trade is necessary for any of this to work when it’s already working.

No. I am just wondering who you’re speaking for. Also, you’re assuming that just because things are “working”, it cannot be improved or further fleshed out. As an example, would you also argue that the game shouldn’t incorporate MP at all because it’s already “working”.

Btw. I might remind you your statement extended beyond crafting. you said:

(bold emphasis mine) and not “we (whoever that is) do not want crafting balanced around trade.”

2 Likes

Very bad idea. You can’t make all shards rare. Otherwise you will have hard time while levelling (to craft basic resistances, life etc). And that is bad experience for new players. And latere in game you will need 0 (zero) items and can hide everything but shards because you already got best in slot items with perfect impocit rolls . That is boring as f. So … very bad idea.

1 Like

I think the crafting system is great at early game, but at end game, bricking a very rare and relevant exalted drop feels bad. It is akin to vaal-orbing a good item in PoE. An all or nothing approach. And in PoE, vaal is only used on perfect item to gamble and take it a level further. In LE, the mechanic is being used to craft perfect item each step of the process. It is stressful.

So, how about adding some fun randomness to the approach? A rare endgame glyph that prevents fracturing but with random effect: reroll implicit, reroll all affix, increase tier of affix, or decrease tier of affix. Increase instability by 1-2 each use and fracture item at 100 instability. Using affix shard with it (slightly) increase probability of the corresponding affix to increase/decrease. Exalted affix can only be affected by using corresponding shard. So it protects exalted affix unless you dare to gamble it. So, if you are super lucky in 80 tries~, you can end up with BiS item (4 exalted, perfect implicit and affix). If not, blame it on RNG god. Also solve issue of having hundreds of unused shards in inventory

1 Like

The devs have said in the Discord channel that they are going to add new types of glyphs in future patches to make the crafting in LE more interesting

Several things about the current system are clear:

• Its not intended to be POEs random nightmare system, but its not purely deterministic. Its somewhere in between, but leaning a bit towards deterministic.

• EHG has put a lot of effort into incorporating elements of grinding, luck and time.

• Since this is beta, this is a last opportunity to try something and see if its workable or not before releasing the game.

• And lastly, it goes without saying, crafting isn’t meant to be the I WIN button

It feels horrible to have equipment break and not be repairable just because you are trying to craft. I would much rather have shards be a little more difficult to get, than to have my gear break and have to grind for days to find another piece of gear to try and upgrade.

1 Like

I’m not assuming that. The suggestion isn’t an improvement, it’s a complete reversal of how it works.

Incorporating MP doesn’t affect how the game is played. As I’ve stated in chat to many people I also don’t care if they sell experience boosters. It doesn’t change how I play the game. There are a lot of things you can add to the game, a lot of things that can be improved. I’ve made my own suggestions as well. Just because I’m opposed to this suggestion doesn’t mean I’m against ever making changes to the game. I made a case for why this suggestion is bad, I didn’t just say “oh em gee dun change nuffin”.

We can agree to disagree. But you’ll be dead wrong to think that MP won’t change the meta.

And this is probably where it explains why you might use the pronoun “we”. I think you don’t realise there are many people who don’t play/think the way like you.

1 Like

Sorry if i sound roude but u can play plenty chinese mobile games which have those futures. This will never become one of them. U are asking to have cheats for money lol

1 Like

And plenty of non-Chinese ones too. The devs have always said that due to the box cost they will never sell power via the in-game store.

2 Likes

What makes it strange to me is that some people enyoj to do this i do not understand why lol

2 Likes

I agree with u on one point and that is there are plenty meaningles drops from shards (basic ones) like res, health, armor, shred etc… I have hundreds and hundreds of those. But i would not like to see currency system in this game similar to Poe stile. Rather i wpuld like that they adjust drop rates of affixes for them to be more rare as well as shatering runes i have like 500plus of those and im shatering all the time some plus to skills affixes

I never asked for them. I’m making a point that it has zero impact on how I enjoy the game if someone else has access to them. And it’s not cheats, you can find experience boosters for Call of Duty on bottle caps. It’s a normal practice, has been for years.

No, not rune of shattering. I always don’t have enough if I turned on all class-specific affix (those are rare) in the loot filter. There are other people in global chat voicing similar sentiment as well. If its drop rate is reduced, at least add more to the vendor stock (with increased gold cost for balance)