Fix for : "The game reboots the PC"

Since October 2020, I have not been able to play the game because it automatically turned off and then on my PC.

I never found out why, I checked all of my computer components, reinstalled Windows, and nothing to do with the game made me restart my computer.

This week I got it into my head that I wanted to play Last Epoch, I reinstalled Windows again, and nothing to do. I changed my network card (I thought it could come from there) and nothing to do. And then while talking with my son I completely deleted Cortana and all notifications from Windows 10. And there miraculously for 3 days I have been playing the game without any problem.

Here is if ever meets the same problem, and the components of his computer are not in question, it is perhaps a solution.

See you soon …

Hey… Thanks for posting this finding…

This is a first I have heard of this “new” workaround for stability issues - I hate Cortana (its the first thing I disable on a new install) but my gut is saying that its unlikely to the the main culprit… although I have a feeling that it could be the notifications stealing focus from LE as there are a few people that cannot Alt-Tab away without the game crashing.

I’d appreciate it if you could post your system configuration & in-game settings so that we can try and correlate the known workarounds with your discovery… The more info we have the better we can try to help others…

➔ Carte mère : MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS
➔ Mémoire : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, 16 Go, 2400 MHz
➔ CPU : Intel Core i5-9600K
➔ GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X, 8 Go
➔ HDD : Seagate BarraCuda, 2 To
➔ SDD : Intel SSD 545s Series, 256 Go, SATA III

And for my in-game setting : just low setting + (Shadow : Medium / AntiAliasing : TAA)

Thanks…

Did you always run on the low setting when you were getting the problems before?
Also… are you using framerate limiting and did you use it before?

The reason that I ask these two ( they are in the le_graphicsmanager.ini file), is that using the very low/low setting is something that is helping other players with stability problems (especially when loading new Maps). The framerate limiting prevents the graphics card from maxing out usage to 100% and then crashing the game - sometimes even the computer…

Just trying to see if Cortana/Notifications is the real reason for the crashes or if you changed settings and that solved your problem without you realising it…

There have also been new versions released since Oct 20 so it could even be that one of those solved the problem you were having too…

I tested all the configurations, no changes!

I have tried all the techniques I could find about suddenly shutting down a PC followed by restarting.

I have tested all the updates in the hope that this fixes the problem, but unfortunately this problem has never been fixed.

I tested each component, the power supply, the memory, the cpu, the graphics card (except the network card from where my suspicion about it), but nothing found, no problem.

From time to time I managed to play 1 hour, more times. And most of the time after 5/10 min it reboots randomly.

The only thing that solved the problem for so long is turning off Cortana and notifications.

For more informations, You can find my first post about this problem on this forum.

Ok…

I had to ask these questions as you are the only one on the forums that has found that this solution solved their problem and I have no way of testing it myself because my system doesnt shutdown/reboot if I have notifications or Cortana on.

Just got try to be sure before recommending this to anyone else that may also be struggling.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.