First missing characters, now deleted characters resurrected!

Okay, so I posted a few days ago that, after doing the update (from E to G) via Steam I lost a character, and had this happen before too. The last one I lost was 25+ and I was a little miffed, but started over again. I even said screw it, deleted about 5 other characters of varying levels (15-29) and figured I’d just play everything new since a lot has changed since I played them.

Well I logged in today after updating to version H and 3 of the characters I deleted are back (2x level 24 and a level 25). I really don’t understand and need some help – I do not want to continue investing time into the game if my characters could be deleted on a whim in a given update.

Please help!

graphics and dxdiag:

DxDiag.txt (96.3 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (481 Bytes)

This sounds like some kind of backup service is overriding your save data.

The most likely culprit is Steam Cloud, however, depending on how they are configured, I can’t rule out the likes of Dropbox also being responsible. If it’s Steam Cloud, you can either disable it globally, or only disable it specifically for Last Epoch. Here’s how.

Thanks, Sarno!

I don’t use dropbox, but I have disabled cloud saving for now so we’ll see if that does the trick. Can’t wait till everything is stored server side! Cheers!

To chip in another suggestion as an added level of security… I backup my Last Epoch folder in Appdata so that I have a copy in case the game crashes or borks something… I usually do it before or after I play and definitely before launching a new patch version.

1 Like

Thanks!! I’ll do this as well before each update – extra security precautions against losing my progress. Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.