Fire Lich Kills You With Fire Even With Fire Shield Up

Maybe I’m missing something here, but I’m randomly dying to fire even with the fire shield up. My health will start draining and no amount of potions will stop it. I’m sitting on fire with the fire shield up and my health is rapidly draining. I go through 2.2k health + ward + full resist (and fire shield) – makes no sense. Is this some insane amount of DOT damage from an earlier hit or what? It’s pretty ridiculous either way. It happens every few fights or so. I can’t figure out what’s causing it.

Side note, this boss feels so unrewarding. He drops the ring that was nerfed to hell 9 times out of 10. All I want is the belt and it takes 10 hours to get another key.

Hey there…

There is a concern, outlined in a post a little while ago by McFluffin (The Current State of Dungeons In Last Epoch) , about the situation where this specific boss has unavoidable damage of the opposite to the shield… Its a longish video but you may want to check if this is related to what you are experiencing…

Another way to potentially “see” what is going on is to check the icons in the bottom left - i.e. ailments applied to you… when these stack, they can chew through defences easily - remember DoTs bypass most defences so you can seem tanky when facing direct damage but die to standing in an ailment/ground effect in a few seconds…

Boss drops… this is all just RNG and you are likely to experiencing this over and over again when trying for a specific drop from a specific boss… I have spent at least a hundred hours farming Orobyss for things like good Maws so its just RNG. Nothing more that can be said about that… Nerfed ring… well, such is life in the beta right now… it really had to be nerfed, no question there…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.