Finding Specific Affixes - Relatively New

Just gonna preface that I’m not 100% sure this is the place to be posting simple questions.

If I’m on my way to Empowered/Level 100 Timelines and trying to optimize my gear as much as I can, how should I approach finding Affixes like +1 to Level of Mana Strike/+2 to Surge/+1 to Flame Ward? I’ve had them very rarely drop but I’m taking a wild guess that there’s probably a better way of farming them, or something that I missed.

Just another question that’s slightly unrelated, or maybe related- the Blessings system has certain gains like “Increased Amulet Shard Drop Rate.” Does this mean I’m more likely to get more shards from shattering Amulets, or something else? Thanks in advance.

All affixes have a certain minimum level to drop but if you’re doing monoliths then you’ll be high enough to see any/all affixes.

I think that the “increased XXXX shard drop rate” increases the chance of a shard that could go onto XXXX to drop in-game. It wouldn’t affect the chance of shattering them. The easiest way to get specific shards is to recolour them a specific colour in the loot filter then shatter the items that they come on.

Have you added a filter rule to recolor item drops with those affixes? Otherwise they may be dropping more than you realize and might be missed.

If you are already doing that - well then I’m as eager as you to hear others input :smiley:

I haven’t added a rule to recolor them, but I have emphasized their text. Actually didn’t know I could recolor, haven’t done a ton of fiddling with filters just yet. Thanks for the info!

I figured I’d be capable of seeing all Affixes, currently sitting at level 80. I’ve done some digging around and I remember reading a bit of info that people would gamble for specific Affixes if they were class specific, but I’m not sure if that’s still a viable process in this patch.

You can still do that. But sometimes RNG will screw you over & it’ll take a very long time for you to see a +skill specific affix for no apparent reason.

I don’t think gambling is a very effective way to hunt for specific affix shards.

Recoloring and getting the corresponding blessing, that increases they chance to dorectly drop are the only 2 ways.

Also if you do a recoloring, make sure you put the recolor rule above any hide rule for low level bases. Since even high lvl shards can be on low lvl base items

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.