Finally

I’m a filthy casual.

Finally got this achievement. I’ve been close several times but always slipped up at some point.

Just a pat-myself-on-the-back post to show my superior abilities. :face_vomiting: Kidding, just thought I’d share because I was really happy. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Congrats man! I have this awful ocd where I delete characters in sc once I lose the deathless tag, I dont think I will ever see 100 :frowning:

2 Likes

Very impressive! Well done!
:clap:

2 Likes

So you’re essentially playing real HC. :star_struck:

3 Likes

well done… only made it to 90 on deathless myself - was with the uber Spellblade of the past (may that build rest in peace). Havent rolled a new char to specifically try this since…

Should definitely be on the games Steam Achievement list.

2 Likes

Deathless, level 100. NOICE - Double GRATS on that !!!

2 Likes

I can’t imagine ever actually getting this. This is a big achievement! Good stuff, CaiusMartius. :slight_smile: Congratulations!

Because I’m curious, do you know what the playtime on that character was?

1 Like

Ack. That probably would’ve been a good measurement to take. Truth be told, I didn’t set out to achieve this, but by the time I got to 90 and had gotten several monos to 200+ corruption I thought, hmmmmm, maybe this is possible. That’s actually when I started trying for it and got more ‘cautious.’ :smiley:

1-80 was probably pretty typical for any character as I really just ran through campaign, pushed immediately through normal to empowered (~lvl 80). So whatever average time that might be???

From 80-90 it was just monos to push first one to 200 and start targeting blessings. Maybe~20 hours???

90 to 100 it was probably about about ~40ish hours, giver or take 5? Really all I was doing was pushing up monos, farming blessings. I took a few side trips to do a few dungeons but never went above lvl II on those because at that point I was like, maybe I can do this. Also spent some time finish left side monos to farm so of those uniques.

Again, this is all just best guesstimate.

For anyone interested, this is my exact build and my exact equipment I had when I completed it.

I managed some suppppperrrrr lucky rolls on the Font of the Erased for this specific build, both T7 Attunement and Throwing Dmg/Mana Cost.

1 Like

I see, so your playtime probably runs right around what all of mine did. I calculated it is 120 hours almost to the hour, regardless of what you do or how much gear you have starting out or by mono’s.

After 5 attempts to see how long it took, my playtime was right at 600 hours, so somehow this is almost inerrant, unless you’re doing something really unique other people wouldn’t think to.

1 Like

That sounds like a good fair assessment I think. It’s actually only the fourth character I’ve ever gotten to 100. I had 2 offline and then I have another here in online.

1 Like

Playing perfectly for 120 hours is pretty impressive. You’ll have to bring that up the next time you have a nerdy dinner party or get together. Haha.

1 Like

Actually, it would be nice to see which characters you have that are currently “deathless” in the character selection. I hate having to go to each character just to look at them and see what their status is or what gear they have equipped.

My highest deathless was lvl 96 or 97, can’t remember if I hit 97 before I died.

2 Likes

Yea, and I am seem to be a filthy casual despite being here since the first alpha! I got to 90 once, thats something…right…console me :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve been here since Alpha as well. Missed the kickstarter by about three weeks! Filthy Casuals Unite. (FCU). We could do Filthy United Casuals to give it some old bastich pizazz. :smiley:

3 Likes

The Three Musketeers, as far as this goes. I only play games casually. If I took them any more seriously than I do already, they wouldn’t be fun anymore. :laughing:

2 Likes

You are an S tier filthy casual though, sure I could have hit 100 50 times by now, but never with the deathless tag. Thats actually impressive.

I need to rethink how I play arpg’s, I was serious, I delete my sc toons after a couple deaths. Maybe I should bring this up to my neuro psych next month :joy:

Same! I played D3 and then PoE both like full time jobs, it wasnt healthy. Not only that, but I havent touched 3 in maybe 3 years because of it, and PoE fatigue sets in at red maps with my first character of a league. PoE 2 is still more than a year out from Exilecon info, so hopefully that spark reignites.

2 Likes

I played d3 pretty avidly until about 2018 (when I switched to GD.) Haven’t really touched it sense. I did go back for one season about a year or so ago but I didn’t even finish it.

I have to admit, I have tried 3 different occasions to get into PoE. I just really don’t like it. I can’t really say what bothers me about I’ll play it for about 30 hours and just realize, nah, this really isn’t pulling me in.

All of this though is sort of pointless for me going forward. I’m a mac user. I play LE in Bootcamp currently. Eventually that will go the way of the DoDo and my gaming days will draw to an end (I don’t play a lot of games because many of them give me motion sickness.)

Grim Dawn 2 is about the only thing that might entice me back someday. For now, it’s just LE until I can’t.

3 Likes

D3 was my entry to the genre, and although I am a snobby arpg enthusiast now, I still think it is a fun game, one of few arpgs where I prefer to run through the story rather than grind grifts and main stat.

Grim Dawn is amazing, I hope you have experienced the mod scene there, cause the mods are even better than the base game! I wish for a part 2, but I know Crate is working on another game so not getting my hopes up.

PoE most def isnt for anybody, and it can take far more than 30 hours for things to click, even in the most basic, fundamental ways. I adore the game though, there is a lot of sentimental attachment. It helped me recover from a stroke, I dont think I need much more reason then that to love it haha.

I am glad you have LE, and hopefully GD2 one day. If you haven’t tried out GD mods, I implore you to. They are are fuckin great.

3 Likes

It’s not super unaffordable to just buy a second machine for playing videogames. Especially not with Steam Deck around these days. I agree though, PoE was not my thing either. There just wasn’t enough valid creativity and you could tell the grind was going to be absurd from the outset. That and seasons / ladder completely turned me off of how the game is generally played in the first place.

1 Like

Thats why I have never came near PoE.
My time is too limited. And I can easily loose control of the amount of time I’m investing in something when it comes to games.

About the post pretty impressive. I think I won’t achieve it so soon, because even when I’m playing a strong char I don’t have the necessary focus to it. Sometimes I alt+tab to look something in internet and backing to the game, dead char :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. Or in the middle of the map I stop to look drops, idols, or to analyze skills or passives or change gear. I don’t have the discipline to wait leaving the map. Some off screen mobs seems to always be near me in the wrong time.

2 Likes