Fiery Justice (multistrike node)

To be honest, I don’t see the point of paying 40 mana (instead of 15-30 if you cast Forge strike directly), not being able to summon forged weapons, and on top of this, consuming your stacks of armament ?
It would make sense if you payed less (or even zero) mana, or if it was a % per strike and no armament stacks were consumed. But right now, you don’t win anything, it’s much more interesting to cast Forge strike directly…
A waste of a skill point, and it’s even worst than that, it even make your skill weaker!

Or maybe I missed something ?

It does summon Forged Weapons using your Forge Strike tree. It’ll even allow Paladins/Void Knights to summon them. I don’t get why it costs 40 mana but if you have 5 points in the Time & Faith node you regain 10 of that cost immediately & you’ll recover the rest in 3 more hits (when it takes 4 hits to get back to max stacks since Forge Strike consuming the stacks takes place before you gain a stack from hitting with Multistrike).

I think a cost of 40 certainly seems high on paper but in practice it is recovered very quickly. I also don’t think it’s unreasonable for the node/proc to have a mana cost or an armament cost given you’re getting a proc of a skill that can hit fairly hard without it’s cooldown (though it does effectively have a cooldown given it can only occur at max stacks).

Thanks for your feedback, maybe it’s just interesting if you don’t play a forge knight and cannot cast forge strike on your own.

Otherwise, like I said, it’s quite useless. Think of it as a forge knight being able to cast Forge strike by yourself, it’s much better to cast it yourself, as it cost less and it does not prevent you to use multistrike in between, so sorry but I don’t really agree with your later analyze :wink:
EDIT: and also it does not cost you all your armament stacks

Maybe it isn’t intended to be used by Forge Guards.

I think the intention is to be able to cast FS by the proc, even if it is on cooldown. I did not try it, but this I remember from a conversation with a dev.

But why is it so expensive given the effective cooldown of needing to use Multistrike at least 5 times?

Well, my current Forge strike has a 2s cooldown and cost 25 mana, and you can easily get it with no cooldown at all, and still with a cost of 35 mana.
So even with my fast sword and tads of attack speed, I’m still faster using it directly even with the 2s cooldown than waiting for my 4 multistrike attacks to proc Forge strike. And it still cost 5-15 less mana and does not consume my armament stacks, which is good coupled with determination node.

EDIT: in fact my post replies to RawSuicide :wink:

Cool.

Maybe it isn’t intended to be used by Forge Guards.

Yeah. You have valid points. Seems it’s not so well balanced currently in terms of mana.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.