Feels like Rogue has really fallen behind the other classes

Just throwing out some feedback, curious how other folks feel.

It seems like no matter what build you make with Rogue, it’s just plain squishy in comparison to the other classes. This would be fine, but they aren’t compensated with damage or mobility relative to the other classes (who really feel like they’re mostly in a good place).

Every class has builds capable of having good survivability and dps, even the historically “squishy” ones like Mage and Acolyte; I’d like to see the Rogue classes reach the same capability.

My experience with Rogue has been with these builds: spellbow, crit cascade, bleed bow, corsair set blade dancer, flurry crit blade dancer. Admittedly I haven’t gotten around to trying the shuriken or shadow dagger builds yet.

What do y’all think? Anybody experience a Rogue build with real survival capabilities and/or enough damage to make up for it relative to what the other classes are capable of?

P.S. Not wanting other classes nerfed, wanting Rogue to catch up to builds like VK smiter/Static Orb Mage/Groot Druid/All the Death Seal Liches! :smiley:

I just had this same complaint in another thread and was pointed towards channeled Flurry with the health on hit skill nodes. I combined that with the 100% glancing blow with apostasy & health on glancing blow and have had no real survivability issues whatsoever. Then to sweeten the deal even more I tossed on Humming Bee since I’m going bleed focus and it’s even sillier at being able to tank.

EDIT: Here’s the chara in question, chugging through monos: Bladedancer, Level 80 (LE Beta 0.8.3e) - Last Epoch Build Planner The uniques weren’t at all necessary for leveling, I cleared Majasa with garbage gear and awful weapons and 30% physical resistance from some random gear, but they’ve all helped a ton with damage/survivability.

1 Like

Please let me know how it holds up in empowered mono’s :slight_smile:

Actually I think most classes in the game start to fall apart at around 250+ corruption

Damage is wildly unbalanced at 320+ from enemies. I have/had a Forge Guard with 4 different sources of damage reduction and still occasionally would get one shot by Orobyss with 2.8k HP with no damage mods while a spider hits me for 19 damage

Dont have access anymore but he had DR from Vengeance, Forge Guard melee passive, Juggernaught stance, capped Endurance %, 5k Armor, probably something else.

His combined DR was additively 95% or something, still got one shot occasionally or took some 70% hits from white mobs but some Orobyss did almost no damage

The best defence is the trademark dont get hit, kill everything before you see it therefore the Rogue has the best defence

For me if a build can manage 200 corruption it IS a good build. Everything above that is just a bonus :smiley: Because even if a build can do 300-400+ corruption it might be not fun to play I’ d rather play 150-200 corruption but with a build that gives me more fun.

2 Likes

I kinda disagree. The Rogue is always going to “feel” squishier because her main defense (dodge) is RNG-based and sooner or later that will fail you, you’ll get hit and it will hurt. But you absolutely can make a tanky Rogue.

The Rogue also has a lot of movement speed and defensive skills.

Well that’s a tanky rogue alright, but the damage is lacking. Looking for a Rogue with similar power in defense/offense to the aforementioned builds :slight_smile:

Having played several rogue builds now, I’ve found the shuriken Bladedancer one to be the tankiest with great dps too…oh and it’s fun to race through crowds of mobs and see the ones you didn’t kill straight off, drop dead behind you with bleed. That said she’s only level 78 so haven’t done any empowered yet. So far she’s the only one that breezed through Majasa AND Rahyeh.

Have also played Necromancer, but got fed up with being the gold picker upper whilst the minions killed everything. Haven’t played any other builds, as a female I don’t play male characters as the male grunts etc. are pretty gross. I tell a lie, I did start a Druid because I LOVE druids, but his grunting got me down :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol @ the “grunting” commentary. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I was looking at a couple of the shuriken builds (bleed and fulgurite shard builds), figuring I’ll try one of those and see if they’re more on par with the other classes (b’.’)b. They obviously have the damage.

Funniest comment on the forum in a while… I feel the same way about certain women tennis players… refuse to watch them no matter the other drawcards…

and I play most of the game with the sound way down so that I can hear my Netflix and have never noticed the classes grunting…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The only male I’ve tried is the Druid…he grunts, but then he looks like a grunter :stuck_out_tongue: Perhaps I’ll try him again with his voice turned down…but at first grunt he’ll be gone!

2 Likes

Yes rogue is squishy, and has very few good AoE’s, or cannot sustain the mana spent into the best AoE skills anyway. Most skills does not deal any great damage, especially when chosing an archer. The archer is by far the worst class I ever player. Does not deal any damage, does not sustain any damage…

Sounds like a problem with your build to me. None of those statements describe my Marksman.

I have a Marksman who is currently in the level 90 timelines, she clears whole screens in a very few shots. She uses Multishot, proc’ed by Flurry and helped by Heorot’s bow.
The build has a very casual gameplay, just shoot and go forth.

Marksman can be very squishy and weak, it’s mainly a matter of build.

Would be interested to see any of your marksman build guys, mine just sucks! (after respec he’s doing descent work, but still far beyond my shadow, not speaking of my other heroes).

Here’s mine:

She used to have Detonating Arrow as the main damage dealer, now it’s Multishot. I may despecialize Detonating Arrow and specialize something else.

Your pathing on Detonating Arrow skill tree is quite difficult to understand to be honest, trying to scale with tendrils and keeping Flurry as a mana generator or something, was it the original plan ?

thanks for sharing. I used detonating arrow then puncture now with lots of bleeding that deal all dmg at 3rd hit. Works well, but still I find the numbers to be disapointing compared to my other heroes

Flurry was here for Multishot, for bosses. Detonating Arrow was here for all the rest.
Originally, I didn’t need a mana generator, the rings were enough. This was OK till the Emperor of Corpses.
In the Spirits of Fire (started after a long pause but not finished yet), I struggled a bit so I respec’ed Flurry to get Mana back, and now I almost don’t use Detonating Arrow.
For the pathing on DA, I can’t really say, I don’t remember. I level her for this build, so these were probably leveling decisions that I did not respec after.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.