I’m glad I’m not the only one to notice that.
The engine has gaps, it’s undeniable.

• Slight slowdowns.
  • Freeze or micro freeze per moment.

It was the same as the alpha. I had hoped that for beta the engine is optimized.

DEV: I hope you realize the importance of engine fuidity for players.
It’s like buying a car with a motor that coughs, the corresserie may be beautiful, it does not give confidence at all.

Player comments:
Sans%20titre

centralization of the post below:
@ManiaCCC

Résumé

Even if I manage to get 70+ fps, the game feels very choppy. It’s not smooth at all - so even with 70+ fps, it is still unplayable for me.

@warlord

Résumé

It is very demanding somehow, it is like burning my hardware by utilization near the max. Temperature and artifacts for my system. I need to downclock everything for this game. :open_mouth:

@FractalChaos

Résumé

Last Epoch is delivering really poor fps at EVERY setting of the game. The only way to achieve more than 50 fps is to play on “very low” settings making the game looks even worse than a mobile game from 10 years ago.
Even though the game uses 50%+ of the processor and 80%+ of the graphic card

2 Likes

I have i7 and older GF970 and it’s definitely really weird. First, I can hardly maintain playable FPS. I can get there, but the game looks like a potato.

Even if I manage to get 70+ fps, the game feels very choppy. It’s not smooth at all - so even with 70+ fps, it is still unplayable for me.

However, I am not sure how much of this is caused by Unity. I am using Unity for several years, published few mobile game and currently working on PC game and I definitely don’t see this weird choppy behaviour in my projects. So I would not blame Unity here…

It would be interesting to see, what is their profiler saying.

1 Like

I play a character that is causing a lot of damage, I can display more than 150 displays of domages per attack (example screen below)
In these moments, I have freezes and also the sound of games that bug.

It is very demanding somehow, it is like burning my hardware by utilization near the max. Temperature and artifacts for my system. I need to downclock everything for this game. :open_mouth:

Same problem here.

I’m using a MSI laptop with an Intel I5 7th Gen, Nvidia 1050Ti 2Gb, 16 Gb Ram and SSD.
I run a lot of games without any issues at 60 fps(PoE, FF XIV, ESO etc), and some others at medium quality 60fps (Witcher 3, Grim Dawn etc). I know too that the 1050Ti is far from being an hardcore gamer card.

But Last Epoch is delivering really poor fps at EVERY setting of the game. The only way to achieve more than 50 fps is to play on “very low” settings making the game looks even worse than a mobile game from 10 years ago.
Even though the game uses 50%+ of the processor and 80%+ of the graphic card.

I really hope that it’s something that can be fixed.

@FractalChaos
Your config is good, just your graphics card that … arghh … would need to be changed.

Totally agree. But unfortunately I had to go with the laptop solution for my gaming rig and it’s hard to find better gpu than this in laptops without going insane in price.

I know this card has a bad reputation but I’m just basing my feedback by comparing to the results I have in other games. I know it’s hard to compare an ARPG with MMO, with FPS etc, but even if I stick to the ARPGs : PoE runs smooth on my system (only goes under 60 fps in town and lot of people around), and Grim Dawn is doing good too after some tweaking (but in Grim Dawn case it’s more because the engine is old and don’t really handle new hardware).

I messed around the options in Last Epoch, and the biggest impact I found was to go “very low” with shadows. It makes the game looks a bit bland but my fps are now back to a playable level.

Wait and see :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.