Feedback from long time arpg player

Guess since its the beta ill try to voice my feedback here, and im going to go through my thoughts and also some of the other feedback i see on this page. (Ps. Im not English, so if there is a lot of typing errors i apologize).

Firstly i want to say that i realize its the beta of a game, so im not gonna give my voice on general bugs in the game, as there is a lot of them. Example problems with movement skills, chat and quest log not opening, bosses and monsters being unattackable etc. This is more of a feedback for what i think about different systems in the game, and what i personally want before game releases officially. These are also in no order, just putting down my thoughts as i come up with them.

1. New player experience:
    The question i see most new players asking when trying Last Epoch is “When do i unlock my mastery” “when do i become a Druid”. Wish there was a much clearer indication of this ingame. Maybe something that refers you to the game guide (ps it would need to be better than it is today and more things added to it, but its a good start imo).

2. Changing your mastery, or respecing passives:
    First i wish there was a way to change your mastery, could have some cost to it maybe so that if you were to change from for example blademaster to marksman you would have to farm up some passivepoints after, or do maybe something in game for it with time traveling (i see how it could be done if they wanted to lore wise atleast.
    Changing your passives is also a horrible experience. The requirements of “having 20 points in Rogue base passives” as an example and therefore having to remove all points before you can change anything is bad design. Just add some warning instead when you remove the point that “these wont work until you slot another point into the Rogue tree etc” or something like that, just a suggestion.

3. Comparing items:
    Hovering over an item to compare it to what you have equipped. I found this extremely annoying when i first started Last Epoch, so much to the fact that i disabled the feature and now only have it on “Hold key to compare”. For some reason the game show the item you have equipped on your mouse location, and the item on the ground next to it. Might be something you get used to, but for me that is jus strange. Comparing items is also weird on rings and dual wielding, but i know this is reported before.

4. Character panel:
    Something very simple, but its anoying to me. I like to play a lot of different characters, so i end up creating a lot of characters, and i wish the game let you create a character without entering the game. Like a lot of other arpgs you are always taken to the character screen after creating a new char, and i wish that was the case for last epoch aswell. I often like to plan out what i want to level next etc, and like having my characterpanel set up with 3-4 characters of what im trying next. The fact that it takes me straight ingame every time i do this makes it so much more of a hassle. Also wish you could rearrange characters and logging out to character panel (as the game says it will) instead of logging entirely out of the game.

5. Mob density:
    I very often in both end-game and while leveling find myself running through parts of the game without any mobs, almost having to look for where the mobs is.

6. NPC quests/text:
    I wish there was an alternative to how it is now. A hotkey maybe you can spam to go through it faster, or a skip option once you have done it once? The clicking through the quests and NPC-text as it is now does not feel good at all. (Option to just skip it would be my preference).

7. Defensives:
    The defensive options in the game are boring, also the difference between certain masteries are huge. I dont particularly have a problem with this if defensives had more depth and options to it.

8. Bosses:
    I wish bosses were harder during campaign, and that they would just remove the “reset on death”.

9. Resets/cycles (suggestion?):
    This is a bit early of me i guess, but as the game is now echoes unlock per character and you have to restart per alt you make. When the game releases i heard it was planned to have cycles (aka leagues in POE and season in diablo) right? For an altoholic like me i hope they make progression account wide per cycle instead when those releases, and instead you can redo the ones already completed or choose where to start yourself. Just a suggestion, i think for me personally i would prefer this, but i dont expect everyone to agree with me. Maybe find a middleground?

Gonna add a few shorter ones aswell: Lag is absolutely horrible in the game when playing online (regions might fix? idk.), gold pick-up is horrible (wish last epoch had something like pet from diablo doing it for you, or higher radius), gender lock on classes (i just dont see a point in having this),

To end this i would like to say that i absolutely love the game and this is also the reason im giving my feedback, even though there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on it. (kinda wish there was an option to give feedback ingame).

Its already quite long so im gonna end it here, but i might comment or make new posts in the future if i come up with more feedback as i go.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.