Fallen Harbour FPS Issues

I’ve seen some older threads about this as well. Still happening in the most recent release. Certain parts of Fallen Harbour with a high density of grass patches cause serious performance issues; I go from rock solid at 60fps everywhere else regardless of what’s going on on the screen, to ~20fps just standing there if there are enough grass patches.

If I go to settings -> graphics -> advanced and drop everything down as low as it will go, it doesn’t impact the performance at all. If I adjust the basic graphics settings and adjust the “master quality”, the performance doesn’t change at all for any of the settings except for “very low”, which gets rid of the grass patches completely and my frame rate jumps back up to 60fps; if I switch back to anything else, the grass patches come back and the frame rate plummets again.

As an interesting note, neither my CPU or GPU are being overly taxed (~35-45% each) when it happens.

Specs if it matters:

Running 1920x1080 @ 60hz
Everything on Ultra, V-Sync ON
EVGA Z390 FTW Motherboard
i9-9900kf @ 5.2GHz on all cores
4x 8GB DDR4 G Skillz Trident RGB @ 3500 MHz
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW Ultra

Video of the issue is uploading to YouTube:

Also attached the Player.log file from the video (I exited the game shortly after the video finished if it matters)Player.log (79.5 KB)

Rocks on the ground in “The Ransacked Camp” seem to do the same thing.

As a workaround, if you set the “master quality” to “very low” it will get rid of the grass and rocks, then if you manually turn the rest of the settings under “advanced” up to “ultra” it still looks pretty, but doesn’t take the performance hit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.