Falconer Dive Bomb no hit reg

I’m not sure if this has been happening for a while now or not, but I’ve only noticed it to start happening after today’s update that was about an hour and a half ago.

Basically if the enemy is too small “Dive Bomb” will do nothing, animation still plays and cooldown goes off but no hits registered on small enemies. I’ve only noticed this with “Dive Bomb” so far as the other Falcon abilities seem to be clearing mass enemies of all sizes.

As seen below :

2 Likes

hi, i have same issue as yours. i’ve been playing around 2 hours with no issue before, afk for 10-15 minutes, then suddenly i get this bug.

i think it has to do with the rushing wings that reduces the dive delay. i respecced it from level 3 to level 1, and seems like so far it fixed the bug.

so basically:

1. played the game for two hours, leveled up rushing wings from level 2 to level 3 around 1 hour ago

2. go afk for 10-15 minutes

3. dive bomb suddenly behaves just like what OP experienced. first time encountering the issue on the crystal mines (divine era map). 90% of monsters on that map can’t be hit with dive bomb.

4. relogging, change map to around maj’elka. dive bomb works fine within 1-2 first few minutes, then later the skill only killed some enemies within the aoe of the skill, then eventually can’t hit any enemies using dive bomb at all.

5. restarting client doesn’t fix the issue.

6. respeccing the rushing wings perk under the dive bomb from level 3 to level 1. seems to be resolving the issue so far.

same thing happened to me, the moment I put the rushing wings perk to lv 3 I stopped hitting some enemies, respecced it lv 2 and it started working again.

1 Like

rushing wings level 2 won’t work for me. rush of the hunt above level 2 also won’t work at all.

It’s happening to me as well. I’m not sure if it’s related to the gear, level, map but I died a few times because of that.

This seems to happen for me after using smoke bomb and fixes itself after each echo. If I don’t use smoke bomb, it never bugs. I thought it might be something to do with the shadow falcons interaction with smoke bomb, but I’m not sure.

I think it has to do with the altitude at which you are in the map. Say the map has a higher and lower area - in my expierence, if the dive bomb registers correctly on one layer it will not on the other. So for example I’m in ‘Imperial Warcamp’ Monolith area found in the ‘Reign of Dragons’ Timeline. I start this map at the top center on the higher area, if I go left down to the lower ‘quarry’ area the dive domb hits don’t register, but then if I go back up to the middle strip higher altitude area, it registers fine everywhere.

I’ve experienced this dive bomb altitude issue in a few different maps, this is just the one that I’m currently on and believe my hypothesis may be correct. I just found steps toward the middle of this map leading to the top area, dive bombed a group at bottom, nothing → ran up steps → dive bombed group at top → one hit kill entire group.

Test it out yourselves let me know if you experience the same thing or if I’m just too high/crazy.

same thing happening here, tested all your theories, none apply.
dropping points in specific skills didn’t help either. like here
Video

I have info about this bug, very simple to reproduce it.

1- Cast Smoke Bomb somewhere.
2- Run away and, while Smoke Bomb is active, try to hit anything with Dive Bomb.

For me, while Smoke Bomb is active, Dive Bomb only does damage to adds inside the smoke. Maybe is related to Dancing Shadows or On Wings of Shadow, not sure.

This is my trees:

Dive Bomb:
https://imgur.com/qlEeaGY

Smoke Bomb
https://imgur.com/AstKEmX

PS: There’s another bug that I’m hunting that makes Smoke Bomb permanent, so if it happens to you at the start of an Echo you would not do any damage with Dive Bomb for the entire Echo. Once I develop the method to reproduce it I’ll report asap.

+1, started happening after i took shadow falcons + smoke bomb talents for shadows. Works fine if I don’t use smoke bomb. But after using smoke bomb I can only hit things inside smoke bomb with dive bomb

I definitely think it is a combination of altitude + using smoke bomb with the shadow falcon passive + enemy size? Not sure it’s definitely weird but I believe a lot of you guys have accurate assessments

You can try it, just cast smoke bomb and run far away then cast dive bomb, it will not do damage

For me, what triggers it is “Cloud Gatherer” (Passive that makes dive bomb extends smoke screen). For some reason, it makes the smoke bomb duration infinite, but also makes anything that isn’t inside the smoke not getting hit.

1 Like

Yes! Thanks. For me the skill is now unbugged if I just respec out of that skill. I was just about ready to abandon shadow dive and just go with regular when I searched and saw this.
Big thanks!

For me, double falcon’s dive start working only after i take “Umbral Assault” points in the Smoke Bomb skill tree.
Double dive doesn’t work if there is no shadows in smoke. Dunno why.

+1 no hit reg bug

Just an update. I restarted using “Cloud Gatherer” to extend Smoke bomb and found out my problem was resolved once I put 4 points in “Rushing Wings” (Dive Bomb tree). Hope it also fix someone else’s problem.

I can 2nd those issues unfortunately :frowning:

Basically it’s not like Dive Bomb lose it’s damage to small targets after it aims shadows, but it loses it’s area damage. If you aim directly at target, Falcon will deal single-target damage only. If you do not hover your cursor over it it will deal no area damage.
This is a little irritating, I basically stopped using smoke bomb until boss fights.