Existing Account "lost" email-adress?

Hi,

I happen to have a rather weird problem with my account/login that im unable to fix by myself and hope you’ll be able to help.

First: I bought the game through steam, created an account for the username “Cottonballs” and have successfully used that account to play in the past.

When trying to login today I landed in the login screen that request the password for the preset email account (that I presumably used in the past). After failing several times I tried the password recovery but was met with the following message “Error: User does not exist. If you see this error, please contact our support team for immediate assistance”. I tried all my email-adresses to make sure the login isnt just set to the wrong one, but all displayed the same error.

Curiously logging in through the steam app surpasses this and allows me to access my old account and characters: https://imgur.com/a/jdnBrId

So the problem is basically that I have an account that is not connected to any of the email adresses I usually use (and that was preset from earlier logins!). Thats fine for now since I’m able to play, but I fear problems in the future if the outo-login gets reset by a patch or after reinstallation of the game.

Any way to verify if/what adress the username Cottonballs is bound to at the moment?

I’m happy to share personal information needed to verify my ownership over pm.

Best regards
Cotton

Hi there!

Apologies for the inconvenience, but please [contact our support team directly about this. For account security reasons there are limits to what we can help with via our public forum.

Hi Wick_Pagano,

thx for the swift answer, will do.

Best Regards
Cotton

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.