Exalted chance to blind and other useless affixes

Within exalted items, there are several affixes for which the exalted status is just not worth that much. In particular, those associated with the ailments that do not stack. All these affixes come in the form of chance to X on hit with ever increasing numbers. However, since X does not stack (or has a very small limit on the number of stacks) there is little to no use in having more than a few percentage points.

The vast majority of the time, players will end up with a single exalted affix in their endgame items, so, why would anybody care about having exalted chance to blind on their weapon instead of an actually useful exalted affix? It is a huge opportunity cost for no benefit.
Funnily enough, change to blind goes well over 100% on two-handed melee weapons, but the ailment has a max stack size of 1.

I think that these affixes are a missed opportunity.
They are really boring, and, as mentioned, have no usecase.
I think it is ok for some exalted affixes to be better than others (see health and hybrid health), but I do think that these are a bit too far outclassed by the other options.
In some cases, the exalted affix ends up even being a detriment to crafting them, since you cannot seal the affix.

My suggestion is to add another line of text to the exalted tiers of these affixes (only to the exalted tiers) so that there could be an usecase for them.
One possible example would be to change T6 of chance to blind on one-handed weapons from:

66% to 80% Chance to Blind on Hit

to:

66% to 80% Chance to Blind on Hit
Blinded enemies deal X% less damage

Numbers and effects would need to be tuned, this is just the first thing that came to mind.

This way, these affixes would change from being something that nobody would ever consider using, into something that could potentially be considered.

4 Likes

I really like this idea. I dont think increases in affix levels have to be linear. Tier 6 and 7 of things like slow and blind should absolutely give something extra. I think chance to blind tier 6 and 7 making mobs do less damage is a great start.

2 Likes

Depending on the build, it may be very important that first hit triggers a specific ailment

especially in the future if these ailments gain support of some kind

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.