Eterra's Path unique shoes / Entangling Roots causing massive FPS-drop / chokes PC

Tested with two PC’s; RTX 3080 / 5900X main rig and RTX 2060 / TR 1950x, same problem but worse with less powerfull PC.

Problem:

I am leveling a wearigan (primalist), and have specced in to entangling roots. I use werebear-form roar to spawn roots and so far that never chokes the game.

I found these legendary shoes “Eterra’s Path” that have a chance to spawn entangling roots when I walk around.

Problems is; sometimes when the shoes happen to spawn the roots right after zoning/spawning in, they completely freeze the game and cause a crash. It does not happen every time, but it happens often enough to be noticeable and becomes a pain in the ass and prevents me from using these shoes. When it happens it is always the same; spawn in (like to a monolith map), take a couple of steps, see them roots spawning, game chokes up. Sometimes I survive the chokes, but sometimes screen goes white after a while and windows tells me that Last Epoch is not responding.

Problem goes away by not using the shoes. I don’t get similar bug with just casting the spell ‘entangling roots’ right after spawning. So I figure it bust be something about how the shoes time/cast the spell?

There’s a known issue where the Entangling Roots skill (whether manually cast or via Eterra’s Path) has a significant fps/lag effect on the first time it’s used.

Could you upload your log & crash files the next time it happens?
https://support.lastepoch.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.