Erasing strike VK with shadow beacon

all the recent builds i’m seeing on lastepochtools are using void cleave…also not seeing a single build that exploits what appears to be a really amazing item…this thing dropped on my first character (druid) and have been itching to get started on my VK to use it

how would you guys replace VC to justify using this thing? also would you take the risk of extending base passive into mail crusher? or should i forego that for the more survivability based stuff in the paladin tree?

right now i’m following minmaxrpg’s build and i asked him basically the same thing in his youtube comments…the funny thing is my first char also dropped an obsidian axe that would work amazingly well with his build as is in case shadow beacon is a dumb item and i’m just not seeing it

Sadly, - and this is just my opinion, I have no idea if it’s controversial or not - until Void Cleave gets changed to include other weapon types, good weapons like Shadow Beacon and Trident of the Last Abyss are strictly inferior compared to Apathy’s Maw and Eternal Eclipse due to the synergy between VC and ES, specifically the ability to guarantee crits with the Obliteration passive.

oh obliterator got a traveler horrrrrrrrny, it’s amazing with ES

so really…nothing? damn, i dunno i’m gonna be stubborn about this and try something lol, but yeah if mace ever qualifies for VC i’m definitely coming back

I always played ES builds without Void Cleave and it works well.
With or without Shadow Beacon.

Shadow Beacon does open up quite a few more playstyle if you really want to. Devouring Orb, Abyssal Echoes, Void Beams (from ES), Time Wave (from Anomaly). All of these are Void Spells that you can fit one way or another into a Shadow Beacon Build, when you have one with a decent Void Spell Damage Roll.

When you want to use Shadow Beacon you definitely want to build quite differently though.
I do like the item, I don’t know why its not popular, but I think VC + ES is just cookie cutter boring. While the guaranteed crit is kinda nice, you are very reliant on having both skills up.
With a 2H Mace ES can have 60% more dmg from usign 2H maces, which can make it just deal teh same amount of damage anyway. Scaling crit on ES withotu VC is also not that hard, because it has +9% Base Crit with very few skill spec points.

@MikeDavidPortnoy just go for it if you really want to use Shadoe Beacon. It is a great item.

I made it work without any filler/mana regenerator ability. Which is quite the difference experience from yoru regular Sentinel playstyles that always use Rive, Vengeance, Multistrike or Smite as filler abilities to fill up mana.

Just go Cooldown + Mana Regen and you can run around slamming ES every 2 seconds with other skills on top

1 Like

Hi,
Im building this atm, i got my hands on a 2Lp beacon and plan to try and merge a good 15% melee crit and some crit dmg on there. That along with the extra 9% base from the tree, should make VC and apathy less desirable. Also stacking crit dmg from every sorce there is, pretty stoked to see where its going to end :slight_smile: please Do update if u find something interesting on your end

Just got a shadow beacon with 3LP
Thinking give it a try or not
becoz this will totally change the build Im playing VQandES

Lunge with the unique Paranoia Helmet