Entangling Roots - Skill Rework

Looks great!

Are there also plans to change the behaviour of enemies with movement skills affected by cc effects?

In the little Overgrown Garden clip we see one Wengari Rider ignore the immobilize effect and charge to the player. That happens with skills like Black Hole, too, and is kind of frustrating.

When such an effect is your life saver in arena it takes away its usefulness when enemies with charge abilities can ignore it.

This was my first thought, too. :grin:

1 Like

they probably will since I know my belt need to have 1 stat changed and the announcement of new resource points to them getting rage or new resource unique to that form! my speculation!

1 Like

I am genuinely excited for tomorrow as well though. I have been wanting to play spriggan all patch :laughing:

1 Like

I legit cant explain my expectations for tomorrow after these past few teasers. I’m like deku head slamming waiting for my favorite hero to show up!

1 Like

How can we immobilize our totems? Doesn’t ‘immobilize’ mean to prevent from moving?

We are changing the wording to say “wraps around” since it doesn’t really make sense to immobilize something that is already immobile :smiley:

5 Likes

That’ll be welcomed, thematically speaking, Shaman is probably one of my favorite classes. However, just seems like totems take a back seat in shaman builds or you have to use other masteries to come up with clever ways to get it to work like Boardmans Spriggan thorn build which just is a clever way to leverage and circumvent mana and borders on broken.

Not to mention that the summon idol affix is almost requisite for any thorn totem build. Just a lot of QoL or rework stuff I hope Shaman gets with totems and that mastery in general

reinforces

Just putting it out there.

edit: it would have to be:

Entangling Roots now reinforces your totems and vines for twice its normal duration, granting them additional armor and increased attack and cast speed.

1 Like

I would be more interested in the multiplayer aspect of some of the abilities [not just this one], or in this case, for example, I would find it top notch if instead of
“your totems and vines”
rather something like
“your totems, vines and ballistas”.
would be written.

As I said, I would like to see that for some abilities - in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

@ Garfunkel, was written more to the general public.

ok but ballistas can’t be ‘your’ :smiley:

As I love cold theme freezing roots is my fav! looking awesome

I don’t know why, but this animation makes the skill feel like a melee ability. Like the character is hitting the ground(or stomping) and the ground shake causes the ground to crack and debris to fly because he hit so hard. Maybe have the direction reversed so it feels like you’re summoning vines to you? Or perhaps slowing down the animation would work or maybe making the vines more green (though I don’t hate that they look like roots instead of vines, as they also root the enemies and called entangling roots)? Or a more workload heavy solution would be to make some unique casting animations. It’s miles ahead of the old animation don’t get me wrong, but it’s not giving me spell vibes.

I am loving the nodes and direction though. For the game in general even. Keep up the great work.

Will there be an option to increase the area of casting roots? Increase the distance they travel?

Unfortunately no, the way we have made the roots with animation and VFX didn’t lend them to be increased in size. However it might be something we can look at in the future if we find a good solution for it.

1 Like

Definitely like the new graphics , looks really good.
Getting very hyped about trying out the reworked Druid!

Thank you for the hardwork, but I’ve got to admit I don’t like the change to the animation and how thd skill works. Vines/Roots makes me think of something slow, passive that insidously creeps up to you thematically. The new animation makes it looks like something blows up in your face attack skills. Akin to melee skill like one other poster says, instead of summoning. Feels like it’s filling the same spot as earthquake especially the circular aoe one

Mana cost also seems like a problem like some other primalist skills.

1 Like

It will be the typical ‘does less than Swipe’ over an extended duration due to boss damage reductions making almost everything feel really bad

Smelters Wrath feels fantastic clearing monoliths but absolutely awful against bosses, that unspeced Rive can almost outdamage it vs a boss

It also has 300% scaling (100% upfront + 200% in the dot). Also with a CC component.

Earthquake costs 10 more for the same 300% scaling on the initial hit plus 100% aftershock (once per target per activation). A bit more efficient for damage but no built in CC.

Meteor is 20 mana more for 800% but with an annoying delay. Super efficient but we all know that delay hurts.

Erasing Strike is 10 mana less for 450% but also a 5 second cooldown. So efficient but restricted. I see this one as good design.

ES’s assured echo node costs 60 mana per echo so 20 mana more for those. 50% more damage for 50% more cost. 1 to 1 comparison.

Pretty sure a low to no cost spammable skill, mixed with high cost (or cooldown) high impact skills would fall under good design. Entangling Roots is clearly a high cost, high impact skill.

2 Likes

Yes, it 's billion times better than green wriggling ribbons all over the ground :smiley:

huge improvement over the old visuals. nice!

Then the video animation in the OP from EHG is a lie (it shows Entangling Roots being spammed to clear packs).

1 Like