Enemy animations frozen after stun

The past couple days, I’ve noticed that when I stun (and maybe chill/freeze?) an enemy, their animations will freeze permanently. Their model can still slide around and they still deal damage, but their attack and walking animations are completely gone. Similarly, sometimes when I kill enemies their corpses will just freeze in place rather than falling to the ground or performing any other death animation. Is this a known issue?

4 Likes

I’ve seen this happening as well on my mage leveling. Glacier is maybe what’s causing it.

Came to report the same issue tied with another - currently playing a freeze build, and bosses are much more dangerous after freezing them once because you can’t see their windup animations for attacks. Additionally, after freezing the Elder Panion boss once or twice, the boss became completely invisible. Not sure if it’s because the boss temporarily leaves the field of play as he repositions or not, but I thought it was likely tied to the freezing.
I should also note that I have been playing in offline mode, which is why I came here to report rather than through the game’s interface.

1 Like

Snap freeze locks enemies 100% times.

1 Like

Having the exact same issue as described by the OP…super annoying!. Suppose i will try one of my other builds for now …until this is fixed.

1 Like

Same experience here. It took some getting used to all the frozen enemies every where. It’s tricky sometimes there are still living with all the frozen standing corpses. Luckily I haven’t taken that unexpected fatal phantom tickles of death.

Can confirm as up to now this bug is still crawling. Thought something major like that would be caught and hammer during the beta phase. Hope to see it address soon, frost build is fun but not seeing enemies animation to telegraph there one hit kill is… sad. Would be nice to have a pined Known Issue on the forum somewhere.

3 Likes

Just to notify that I am having this issue too. When I freeze enemies through arrow attacks (Marksman cold Detonating Arrow/Hail of Arrows build) or through Snap Freeze (Sorcerer fire build), their animation remains stuck even after unfreezing, making it hard to know where they are in their behavior pattern. Monsters affected by this bug occasionally have their animations resume working normally, but I don’t know under what conditions.

It would be nice to know someone is looking into it, as it is a bug that makes fighting patterns much harder to read on cold builds.

PS : I just managed to kill distant enemies and, since they died before leaving their T-pose, and the bug made it so that they had neither a shatter nor a normal death animation, they remained in their T-pose after death.

My biggest issue with this bug, or maybe it’s a completely different one is that during monoliths I don’t get credit for killing the boss. I kill the enemies, they get stuck in an animation, then die then it’s like they’re standing there still animated but no longer attacking. Then they disappear after a moment. I can’t clear any more monoliths this way. I’ve tried a half a dozen last night but nothing. I tried changing my frost claw into fire again thinking that may be an issue but that didn’t work either. It seemed to start within a monolith so could it be paired with on of the added abilities within them? This is game breaking for my mage. :rage:

This is critical bug but it seems no one concern…

Hello, I also went here to report same bugs. Frost claw causes the same bug. Animation frozen. Very dangerous and one time I also died. Luckily not hardcore. Also animation after die are gone, mobs remain there and create confusion between dead and alive.

I haven’t played the game for a little bit and just made a mage for the first time, and I noticed this happening right in the beginning area especially meeting the first NPC who freezes enemies. Thought maybe it was a bug with the new update. Sad to see that it’s this old of a problem and still happening after a recent big patch. It’s enough of a problem that I’m just going to start a different character for now.