Endurance vs Low Life or High Health Regen builds

I think they are just aiming for a mechanic that mitigates 1-shots. I like the idea of it. It is almost like your adrenaline pumping to keep you alive when you are at death’s door.

There is an extremely difficult, if not impossible, task of balance though. In almost all circumstances, it is either good enough to spec into completely, or not good enough to put anything into. I can’t see any way to make it anything but those 2 options.

0.8.1b it was better than every other form of defense but for resists.
0.8.1c it probably isn’t worth putting any affixes toward at all.

0.8.1b it was better than every other form of defense but for resists.
0.8.1c it probably isn’t worth putting any affixes toward at all.

I think both of these interpretations are a bit overblown

1 Like

it makes a certain ammount of HP worth 1.6 times the value. If you can reach 3k hp rather easy how much affixes would you waste on endurence and how much HP do you get out of these? It’s rather simple if I wasn’t to lazy to look at the roll ranges and the blocked affixes :D.
If you include the HP benefits from the treesmaybe the primalist is in an okay state but everyone else? i don’t think so.

So it’s like block for the Sentinel then. If it’s ok for the Sentinel to be able to get good DR with a high chance for uptime from block, why is it not ok for the Primalist to be the class that primarily benefits from Endurance. Do people complain that the Rogue has a significantly easier time getting close to the dodge cap than any other class?

1 Like

It’s totaly okay for primalist… you can get 30% of your max HP as threshold from the tree so it’s fine for primalists. For everyone else it’s just math ^^.

The first point is not overblown. Any mitigation that works on all types of damage are by default better than those that mitigate only specific types of damage. Resists and Endurance are pretty much it for that.

The second point may be overblown. I don’t know how much the nerf actually impacted its usefulness. It may still be worth investing in, but if it is worth it at all, it is worth going all in.

Neither Block nor Dodge mitigate DoTs. Endurance does.

It’s around 100 threshold on a high roll t5 on every slot (as I mentioned earlier).

It looks like you can get arround 1.5k TH with a primalist if you go for endurence and HP while keeping resis maxed. More or less depending on the roll luck and the rolls you use but minmaxing this would take a while.

It’s also not RNG-based. For your hp below the threshold it’s an always-on defence. The point I was trying to make that the Primalist is the primary intended user for Endurance, just like the Sentinel is the primary intended user for block & the Rogue for Dodge.

A bit off topic, but I was trying to minmax a rogue to max resists, 100% glancing blow, and as much endurance as possible. I don’t know if glancing blow is really worth it anymore.

Why wouldn’t glancing blow be worth it for rogue you wanted to be as tanky as possible? You don’t even have to invest suffixes since it’s all passives.

It requires either dual swords or high dodge converted to GB.

Or you could just get the flat 31% + dark shroud stacks. It’s still a decent defensive option without those dual swords or converting.

Yeah, it’s a lot easier for non-channelled melee Rogues to get capped glancing blow than it is for either channelled melee or bow Rogues.

And even if you do want to go the Apostacy route, it doesn’t even require that much dodge chance (35% dodge will get you to the glancing blow cap if you take the other glancing blow passives but not dual swords).

Always forget that marksmen exists lmao but it’s way more safer then melee so I guess I just assumed.

Huh? I only started playing in late 7.9 - I think it was just before 7.10 started so I was too new to understand the theorycrafting of this… Apologies to the thought police though - I hardly even remember what I had to eat for supper two days ago let alone something posted from 4+ months ago.

Just logged in and got the C update… My poor old marksman had a threshold at about 90% of total health so I enjoyed a 58% damage reduction for almost everything… now its barely at half and far less effective.

So,… yip. the devs didnt want it used like that… Oh well, for me Endurance returns to the “extra level of def” like that low health Armour feature used to be… Gonna swap out my endurance nodes to cap my resists and CSA again…

BTW - re glancing blow… the new Arrowguard quiver with up to 50% gb helps out for the none melee rogue getting capping GB…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.