[ENDGAME[ Forge Encounter

What if sometimes randomly on 300+ corruption you could find a special forge encounter that allows you to either recover forging potential on an item or tinker it somehow so it stays useful.

Could be a very rare sort of encounter but would mean that maybe you can keep on working on that one piece of equipment that just had the wrong affix, or just needs a few more details intead of having to farm for a new piece of equipment…

I just feel that right now endgame is just punishing with no meaningful rewards. Once you reach lvl 100, have all the skills line up then you are just farming gear, and thats it. Hoping for that one drop that will give you a little bit more power. But at this stage a good part of your gear is already helping you get here…
So maybe having a random portal or a random event popping on an echo somewhere where you can choose an item on your current gear and keep on working on it a bit further could help…

Thx but no thx. Completely and 100% against it.

1 Like

Any particular reason?

Late game items have enough LP and the game is easy enough and don’t need to be any easier.

And what about good pieces of gear without LP?

I don’t say Legendaries. They don’t have forging potential… I say more like rings, amulets, armors. Anything with forging potential…

You are doing 300+ corruption, find that beautiful T7 affix… try to make a fantastic piece of gear and roll a few bad affixes… it’s a shame you can’t recover Forging Potential… it’s another way to keep on going progression besides just hoping for another good loot chance…
In 300+ corruption you no longer progress any further if it’s not gear based on current iteration…
All you hope for is a good drop that might help you push… no xp gain, no way to improve, blessings are locked and you just hope for an item… this would give it a bit more sustance to that push…

I understand there’s a good factor of RNG, but for example: I was looking for Eterra’s Path with LP on the Fire monolith that has better boot rewards with a boot drop rate blessing enabled on 300+ corruption… I found 1 with low HP roll and 1 LP… I found a better rolled Eterras Path with 1LP on a 100corruption monolith on a mono that doesn’t give boots…

That’s normal game for me… I’m used to it. I had toons where I got zero gear upgrades from 80 to 100 because only crap was dropping or forging went south. I understand why you think there should be something to help but making T20+ items is rather easy so I see no need for this.

Bad luck just = farm more, what is a big part of every hack and slash game :slight_smile: . I just don’t like it to make getting good T20+ items easier because that’s a non issue. LP and WW items are plain stupid and something needs to be done about those rather then rare and exalted items.

1 Like

It’s not “bad luck”

You get the same blessings on 100 corruption that 300, more so, I see better at 100 than at 300.
I got a boot drop better on a monolith with 200 less corruption and not Increased Boot Rewards.

I wished the rewards all across the board would increase as you increase corruption.
All you farm on higher corruption is gear. Nothing else. And there’s no guarantee it’s gonna be better than in lower corruption. And meanwhile you sacrifice ALL the extra XP, all the skill XP, a LOT of items, a LOT of uniques. A LOT of crafting ingredients. All to find one piece of gear…

Having the chance to restore Forging Potential on higher corruption and keep on increasing the toon power is a way to not feel stagnant on endgame…

Everyone wants that big power fantasy, the big numbers, feeling stronger and yet here it feels punishing to go higher. Or for me it feels very punishing at least.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.