End of Time comes too soon (patch 0.9.1)

That’s not the issue here, and LE needed at least one form of permanent class choice to push players to trying out new alts and experimenting within their already selected mastery.

Plus there’s a warning before choosing your mastery, anyone who messes up even then sort of has only themselves to blame.

1 Like

NP to get to the end of times early. The big problem is how I get there. It don’t makes that much sense to me.

1 Like

Havent played the new patch but there is a clear issue where you get to 20 points into your base class and cant unlock the mastery due to Temple of Eterra having the highest density area in the whole game prior to you getting to end of time

Also the fact Gaspar can just ‘make’ you a Lich anytime they want means you should be able to respec from them too, let alone having to speak to them to class upgrade

1 Like

You should probably play the new patch before commenting then tbh, you get your mastery after big panini now, not temple of eterra.

2 Likes

You should read my post properly, you might understand, you got enough points prior to just wait until end of time to dump 3-5 points instantly into your new mastery

Yeah, but AuroraClaire wasn’t talking about pre-0.9.1. I’m not entirely sure when you get it now, but if she says it’s substantially earlier, then your first paragraph is somewhat irrelevant. And your second paragraph comes up against this:

1 Like

yeah big panini is elder paninion, or however its spelt, so where you used to get your first idols, is now where you get your mastery effectively

I quite like when you get your mastery now. I ve just done it and I had 19 passives in sentinel. Timing feels about right

1 Like

the only problem is it doesnt flow with the rest of the game and thats the biggest problem here … they could always make leveling to 20 a little harder to make the levels line up more … but its alot harder to make the actual content flow like it used to

We agree this is not an ideal situation, and it’s not intended to come this soon forever. We basically needed to make it appear soon for the mastery quest to work into the story for now. What we have actually planned for the mastery quest and when it’s supposed to be is a bit larger in scope than what we could comfortably get into this patch unfortunately.

9 Likes

But getting the mastery at 22 skillpoints if you clear anything and did all sidequests is kind of nice. I think it’s better to introduce us to the mastery quest early instead of making people wait a long time or intentionaly skip playable content so they don’t end up with to much skillpoints and whatnot.

From my point of view we could even be failported/timed the first time we used a portal after killing the worm fella in act 1 and end up in a time and space pocket where we need to choose the mastery we want to play and after it we get back on track.

I hope you find a reasonable way to implement the masterie choice befor people are able to accumulate 30 skillpoints and use them and make rage/vent/cry threads about how they are forced to respecc points for sooooo much gold because noone told them how masteries work and when they are available :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Oh yes, the mastery quest is supposed to be early when you have around 20 passive points. But End of Time is in a weird place now that doesn’t fit well in the story, and that’s what we’re looking into. Also the Mastery quest is supposed to be more than just talk to an NPC and get your mastery, kind like it used to be but better. That will be fleshed out more in the future too.

4 Likes

That sounds realy nice thx for the clearification.

Really? But it’s so much nicer now than 2 loading screens & a pointless run through a zone with nothing to interact with that we had before.

I see your sarcasm here, and that was also part of my point. I don’t think it is a problem that the player has more than 20 passive points invested, before gaining access to the mastery. It makes first time players learn the possibilities of the class more, and indeed, they can respec (for a small amount of gold) if they want later on. And the more knowledgeable players can plan when to stop investing in the class passives and wait for the mastery (or skip some side quests). In other words, I don’t think “end up with too much skillpoints” was really a problem before 0.9.1.

I actually find it more of a problem that I unlocked my mastery, but could not use it yet due to not having enough passive points.

Hopefully it won’t be something so pointless and unfun.

I could see a zone similar to what it used to be, but on each platform would be a trial (maybe similar to sealing a time gate in echoes).

Each trial would have some story about the ancestors attached. Have one of those for each mastery choice. Bonus if the monsters summoned at the gate are relevant to the mastery on that platform.

Then at the end have a boss fight that is a sort of spirit amalgam of all 3 masteries, or a spirit version of each mastery. Once you beat that, you get to choose which to align with.

1 Like

We got such posts from time to time and people made a fuzz in the forums that took longer to write then to play the game to make up the gold the respec had cost.

What would you ever do if you want to play a bug Druid? Don’t even begin it because you have to invest so much points before you can use the bug form? I think it’s a good thing to hit players right before the head with a huge “HERE IS YOUR MASTERY TREE!”" signpost instead of remaking the tutorial evven more with an extra long paragraph about how the mastery system works what almost noone will read. Not reading stuff = unnessesary forum posts and salty tears about a non issue thing.

Yeah, thinking about it myself, it’s as jarring as PoE’s Oriath update completely ruining the original feel of character creation, and of getting a feel for each character’s personality. Instead, it’s just Dominus now. Something about the Ruined Era will need to be slimmed down, retconned, or reworked to line up with the new pacing. I imagine there will be more campaign that brings us back into the Ruined Era (since we kinda need to meet Orobys proper at some point, yeah?) so hopefully they can trim down enough to keep the essentials in there (the elder fight, Welryn, and perhaps Cultist betrayal feel like the necessary stuff imo) and still hit End of Time for mastery only after going through Temple Eterra.

Or, they get the proper rework in so the mastery quest happens in the ruined era instead of end of time. Get the second shard, interacts with the first, and maybe then you get sucked into a makeover of the original quest that is very End of Time-esque locationwise, enough to know you know you’re not in Kansas anymore, then get spat back out into the Ruined Era after gaining mastery. I imagine they have plans to rework Chapter 2 anyway (since it kinda was the original Chapter 1 and the original Divine Era start was more prologue than anything else) so looking forward to how the story evolves in presentation. It deserves it.

1 Like

How did not gaving to run through acts 1-4 three times to get to maps affect character creation?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.