Story quest for Mastery change

Hello! I was curious if anyone knows why the mastery quest was changed a while back. Currently you just walk up to Gasper and he’s like here, pick one. I think a better way to have handled this would be to have Gasper waiting for you at one of the 3 monuments you had to fight your way through. I always thought this was special and important to the story, but know we just…get it.

I thought it was very creative to have to fight/run through unending versions of yourself to get to your mastery and removing it felt really bad.

It changed with the multiplayer release. I don’t recall any specific details or justification other then it is wonky in a party.

My speculation is that there is there was something in multiplayer that would make the transition to the map where you fight your shadows weird. That, and figuring out what shadows you fight if your party has multiple different classes.

It is not supposed to be like it is now, but the scope they have in mind for this didn’t make it yet.

Tysm for sharing! I missed that post. This is pretty exciting!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.