Empowered monoliths farm strategy

Please, tell me, what is main strategy of farming empowered monoliths? I play relatively recently, I unlocked empowered monoliths a few days ago and tried to farm shield which I very need, started to complete echoes in it. The difficulty grew constantly and I was stuck and can’t complete any echo in this monolith anymore. I also can’t complete any timeline quest in this monolith and certainly can’t kill a monolith boss. What can I do with it and is possible to reset all mobs buffs which stacked?
The way to farm other monoliths doesn’t fit for me. At first, I need this shield. At second, I can get nothing useful from these monoliths but increase their difficulty until the impossibility to farm them.

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Usually in such a situation, you’ll want to try an echo close to the starting point. It will have easier modifiers. If really you can’t, go back to another timeline (even non empowered) and try to find better gear or better blessings.

Farming Monoliths can be particularly hard for new players.

If you push corruption levels too high for your character & build then you can get stuck in a situation where you cannot defeat Orobyss to lower the corruption level again. These are the Orobyss echos closer to the starting point. If this happens you need to leave the monolith and do other Mono timelines until you character is stronger/better geared etc.

Another thing about Monoliths that new players forget about is the modifiers that are applied to the Mono echos - the mob boosts… If you do echos that boost particular mob damage or ailments or special things like dodge or crit chance, then the Monoliths can get VERY hard to do. You need to chose echos, not only for the rewards but also for the modifiers… AND you need to make sure that dont stack bad modifiers before waiting for other ones to end after a certain number of completed echos. For example, doing an echo that gives all mobs Dodge or Glancing Blows, means the next few echos will be MUCH harder to do and take longer. If you chose a Crit chance modifier and you dont have 100% crit avoidance then even normal mobs can one-shot you all of a sudden… Its very important to be aware of the modifiers you chose on the echos you want to do… To get rid of bad modifiers you need to do echos closer to the starting point or special echos like the Beacons that dont add more modifiers (just use up existing ones).

Another thing about Monoliths is that you shouldnt rush to the nearest Orobyss echo to reset the Mono … You should explore the monolith echos much more - it gives you much more chance at getting more gear and exploring and when you finally want to reset and increase the difficulty, the Orobyss echos farther away from the starting point give you much more benefit.

Generally tho, Empowered Monoliths with higher corruption (greater than the default 100) can get really hard and you should only really attempt them with a good build and if the build isnt able to handle lower monos easily, then you should probably farm the unempowered monos first for gear and blessings before farming the empowered ones… and definitely dont boost the corruption until you character is easily doing the 100 corruption echos…

2 Likes

Has unempowered version of Black Sun also improved chance of shield drop?

Yes, it’s a particular node reward for that mono, though there will be fewer of them in the normal version compared to the empowered version.

1 Like

Just to clarify, specific timelines don’t have an “increases chance to drop X item types”.

Each timeline has specific echo rewards, that give 1 guaranteed Unique/Set Item Of a Specific Type. These can already spawn in normal monolith, but are quite rare.
They spawn more frequently:

1. the further away you are from the starting point
  2. the higher the corruption in a timeline is

Here is an example of such a Node in The Black Sun Timeline (Which can have Unique/Set Shield or Helmets, both are different Nodes)

Here are a few other nodes, including the helmet ones

General tips and tricks to make you life easier:

• You can use Beacons, Vessels of Memory/of Chaos and the 1st and 2nd Quest Echoes to drop modifiers, because they count as a completed echo, but don’t add new modifiers

• Don’t always go the straight way towards you desired path, but look out for nasty modifiers for you build and don’t try to stack them

• If you feel like a particular echo or spawned enemies are too difficult, you can just leave with a teleport. This will not make the reward unavaialble, the reward will only vanish, when you die. You can re-enter the echo and hope for a better objective/spawned mob types or choose a different echo first.

• Echoes closer to the center have easier modifiers (numerically)

• You can farm on normal monolith as well, by increasing the corruption up to 50 (50 corruption is hard cap on normal), this is not as rewardign as empowered, but waaaay easier. Only thing to note here is, that the area level in normal is lower and some very high level base types and items cannot drop, but corruption does increase the area level slightly comapre to the baseline level of a timeline)

5 Likes

If you quote Heavy’s post you’ll see he’s using Imgur but not the default link. You need to go to Get Share Links & then the BBCode link.

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/6d9DaKj.png[/img]

Remove the space from the above & it’ll format it as a pic within the post.

1 Like

Just use the right format code.

There are several different ones.

Here in the forums you will need BBCode

if you upload an image to imgur, you have several chocies for share links:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.