Ememies that lock on and follow you thru whole map? really?

And the sudden fps drop to single figures when you drop a few Devouring Orbs that proc ignite, poison, chill, slow & future strikes on 30-40 mobs all at once.

what is it with you and devouring orbs.,… I bet your man cave is purple isnt it?

1 Like

Imagine packing a huge amount of mobs then throwing hammers at them, with the idols that can proc Smite along with them. Mobs, hammers, standard effects, Smite particles, etc… zero FPS, here we come!

2 Likes

It’s not literally zero… but…

Not exactly zero.

:rofl:

1 Like

I have had less than 1 FPS before, it was glorious!

1 Like

Can confirm scenarios where i literally had less than 1 FPS :imp:

SO, it’s not me, it’s YOU (aka the game) with the issue

LISTEN please, this is NOT in every zone, it’s on SOME, I just ran several 90’s, did not kill every single scrub enemy (because that’s the way I WANT TO PLAY) and they did NOT aggro to boss.

So please investigate mob behavior in high density and reduce # of mobs that HAVE a persue script. Or, just let it fail later when we get (as noted above) ZERO FPS. Your choice

THANKS!

drop a decoy from rogue class, and every enemy on the map will focus, and run to it regardless of the distance you are away from the decoy. enjoy!

How “I WANT TO PLAY” doesn’t matter if it is in direct opposition to how the devs don’t want people to play. They rarely, if ever, tell people how to play. They DO, however, tell people very specifically how they DO NOT want people to play. Zooming through levels just to get to the end boss and not interact with the level at all was very much stated as a way they do not want people to play. That is why they are so against high use movement skills.

Nobody said all mobs in the map aggro you.

If you pulled aggro (you hit an enemy or got into aggro range) the mobs will follow you until they die. Different mobs have different movement speed. So if you run 3 minutes from one end of the map to another not all mobs will catch up with you at the same time. You will possibly be able to finish the quest before some if the mobs are able to find you.

Maybe they also have some pathfinding issues when you are too far away so that some may not be able to get to you.

You got a lot of different feedback on your “one sentence topic”. Nobody here has the slightest clue what your preferred playstyle is and exactly why it feels bad for you. Because you didn’t tell us. So people make assumptions on why you think you feel bad and answer with what they think addresses your problem.

To have a more qualified discussion on your own topic, maybe you could give a bit more information in your op next time.

Nobody is able to read your mind, writing with capslock doesn’t help, either.

3 Likes

I figured out WHICH mob seems to be the worst offender; the ‘fire jezuz’ ones that make the fire crosses; I (again) got mobbed and crushed even kiting these is impossible, PLEASE take a look at that mob type, it’s 1) super OP, 2) tone down the aggro/chase algo, OR at least consider it

So much this @d3viant I’ve seen several of your posts and every time I want to respond in non-constructive ways (read, rude and intentionally antagonistic).

You don’t need to emphasize these words to make your point.

2 Likes

So I just started levelling an OP SD build that works by zooming around the map casting SD via Shadow Cascade with Shift/Synchronized Strike all of the time and I can say that the mobs definitely do not follow you forever at least if you move fast enough.

I have gone through and tested this multiple times, I think there must be some sought of cutoff area where if you agro a mob and move outside of this radius then they stop following you.

2 Likes

It’s my choice to express myself as I damn well please

Of course it is. But if we want to have an actual discussion (as these forums are meant for), it would behoove everyone to take the feedback their getting and try to change the behavior that makes for either an unpleasant or confusing discussion. In your particular case you’ve gotten feedback from 2 people in one thread that the way you’re joining the discourse at hand isn’t helpful/enjoyable.

1 Like

I’ve enabled Slow Mode for this thread for the following two weeks. During this time, it will only be possible to post it in it once every 24 hours. I’d like for it to remain open, however things are getting a bit heated and I think it would be beneficial to reduce the proportion of posts coming from those whose viewpoints have already been heard and are clearly understood. Realistically, if the tone of conversation does not improve, the thread won’t be open much longer.

5 Likes

Yep. I paid a lot more attention to this when I played recently. I can confirm this. Can’t say where the threshold is. But I pulled very large groups of mobs and just ran straight to the end. At the end a bunch of enemies cought up. But it was only a fraction of the enemies I’ve pulled. I needed to walk back and they were devided all over the way I came.

1 Like

In this thread you haven’t made an argument about why you think this is ridiculous. Why would it be better for the game (not you) to have such a mechanic?

I do agree with the point about FPS concerns, but that is an issue that will be continually worked on through the entire lifetime of the game regardless and so I don’t believe should motivate this discussion even though it may be particularly prominent now (in beta, which is expected). However I don’t believe this was your original point because you raised it only after another poster commented in its regard.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but what I understand from your post is:

1. You run through mob packs without killing them (or some of them) causing them to aggro you.
  2. You arrive at the boss fight mechanic, start fighting (while knowing that those mobs are still chasing you) and then die?

This reads like you’re complaining that the game is too hard for you and you want the devs to make it easier.

Unless you make an argument for why this mechanic should be changed, there’s not really any feedback to discuss. Play slower, or think more about the design of your build so that it can handle the fights you create.

Saying “Change this because I don’t like it” is childish.

4 Likes

I found it to work both ways. For some builds I had it was handy for everything to follow, and more dangerous than I thought :slight_smile:

It took a little while to get used to, but it has pros and cons.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.