Echo Loss on Freezes/Crashes

Hello, can you please address players losing monolith echo progression on server side freezes and crashes.

I understand the game is still in development, an occasional crash is perfectly acceptable but it gets old when im penalized 4 echos for something out of my control.

This was from the April 9th developer stream:

Lastly, the game is currently run and saved locally (offline). Yes, you log into an EHG server for authentication and in-game chat – if you want to use it – but everything else is performed offline. Though, this will change for those that play the multiplayer version when it releases sometime this year.

If the game is freezing and crashing for you, I’d suggest posting a bug report in the Technical Support section of this forum. Include key information, such as:

Crash file(s): https://support.lastepoch.com/article/107-how-to-get-help-with-crashing-issues
System Information - https://support.lastepoch.com/article/79-collecting-system-information
Player Log file(s) - https://support.lastepoch.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

2 Likes

I’ve experienced a lot of freezing and crashing.
Eventually I just wont play anymore. No worries.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you’ve taken the opportunity to search/post about these issues on the bug report forum here Bug Reports - Last Epoch Forums .
I also hope that if you do stop playing, you’ll check in occasionally for future patches/official release of the game.

I don’t see why not. I don’t have the time or brain for computer sleuthing. It seems as though all companies seem to say it’s the device. Well, if it is I can’t change it. Easiest solution is not turn on the software that makes it sound like a jet engine.

At the moment, the game is offline. The only online element is the chat.
So if there is a freeze or crash, it may be the game engine but it’s not a server issue.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you feel that way… LE is in beta and some people do have issues and to be honest I would think its expected in any early access software that you may have to fiddle a bit to get things working well.

There are quite a few things that you can do to improve stability & performance - most of them are very simple actually. A quick read of the technical support section will offer some generic solutions - otherwise post a message there with your info and we can try to help.

Hey… Understand your frustration about losing echo progress… As you can see from Andrews post, the devs are trying to work out how to “fairly” handle disconnections…

As to your instability issues - give the technical support section a quick read… Everyone experiences performance and/or stability issues to some degree (some notice them more than others) but luckily there are workarounds that do help… If you want, then create a post with the files mentioned and we can try and help in your specific setup.

I will give it a go. I thank you for your advice and your grace.

Hi All,

I want to give my 2cents here as well because I frequently get punished…
I dont complain about crashes, we all know we are in beta… BUT:

I really dislike not being able to “pause” the game. E.g. yesterday my little bay daughter had a bad night sleep - I was having a blast of fun bleeding the hell out of the mobs with my marksman when my daughter “called” - she came like 3-4 for times this night and I lost everytime 4 Monos… This is my issue, you are forced to be “available” for the hole time the Mono runs. I know you can portal out and lose only 2 Monos but still. What if the phones rings, the door bell rings? , etc., etc.?

I really would appreciate a possibility to pause or close the Mono and not being punished because you still have a real life.

2 Likes

I strongly agree, I would like to be able to pause sometimes.
I understand it may be difficult in an online game, but in the offline mode it should be doable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.