Easy Build Swapping Both In The Field & With An Armory

An Armory like from Diablo 3 would be awesome for saving builds for respeccing.

I’ve advocate for this as it’s not just a matter of convenience but also fun as you don’t have to keep a record of what you were wearing manually yourself when trying out different builds as it’s saved by the game itself.

Of course in Last Epoch you can’t switch as easily since minimum skill level caps at 10. Something which I think is okay for when you’re leveling to 50 but is frustrating when you want to start switching out and trying different stuff in late game.

With understanding what an Armory is and why I think it’s a necessary thing I want to introduce an expansion to that in Gear Swapping.

What is Gear Swapping? Well the easiest example would be World of Warcraft’s spec swapping where you can swap out to a different set of gear and ability/skill loadout for each specialization which means up to three in WoW per character.

What this would mean for Last Epoch is that you could swap out to a different build while in the middle of say an Echo instead of waiting to get to your Armory. This would of course also mean you technically have three sets of gear on you without using up extra space.

Of course what if you have idols or other gear that you want to use on multiple character loadouts? Stuff with perfect rolls and such that are really rare.

The simplest solution for that which I could think of, from a technical standpoint, is that a character’s gear once saved in the Armory is technically stored there. When you load a character up and they are wearing anything that is stored in the Armory the check is done at the Armory first and then loaded to the character.

In this way you could have different characters wearing the same gear without having to go through the hassle of going to one character and unloading all their gear into the stash before switching to your other character to load up on that gear that was just dumped into the stash.

I don’t mind if this means I have to buy Armory slots with gold, as long as there’s a cap at some point, since you’re technically getting more gear space from a technical standpoint.

I know there are diehards that think easy respeccing for trying to stuff out would ruin the game or something but for me and I’m sure for others easy respeccing isn’t something to be feared.

Would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions.

1 Like

Seems like a huge task for a developer to code/track for the sake of QoL, I quit D3 in Season 4 and I dont remember the Armory being in the game…so it took them approx 3 years? to add it

That would be a bad idea and im sure the developers would be greatly against that, the only way this system could exist is when you enter an echo all your skills and gear are locked, then that punishes people who are just playing normally

I think thats going a little too far there, since then the devs need a way to stop gear dupe issues, seems like a nightmare

I respec all the time, completely change builds into other setups in these games. I have a game called Chronicon ive played for 300 hours and ive probably spent 50% of the time reallocating points and testing setups on maybe 35+ builds. the developer added a ‘save build’ function which only saved passives/mastery from memory which is where all the time was spent

In LE now you can just save your build on Last Epoch Build Planner anyway, the most time consuming part of all these games to respec is the passive tree if you are asking for EGH to add in a ‘save passive point’ so for example you had a ‘DoT Lich’ and a ‘Caster Lich’ passive tree setups you could switch between in town it seems way more feasible than asking for a way to save gear

I actually got Chronicon based on you mentioning it in another post or maybe that was someone else talking about the new minion AI. I like it and definitely enjoy the freedom to change what I like when I like.

Yes the passive and skill saving is more what I would like to see. It’s very annoying especially with the passives when you have to do it one by one with how slow it is.

Oh I get that most of what I’m asking for would never see 1.0 as it were since there are other priorities and like you said the technical side of such stuff is pretty daunting.

At minimum I would like to see being able to save passive loadouts as you mentioned and be able to customize my skill nodes without the de-leveling you experience with that.

Easy respeccing as it were for more fun rather than being the tediousness it is at the moment.

I agree but ultimately feel the development time should go else where

I think theres way way to few skills in this game…I actually think each class needs at least 6-7 more skills prior to release…but I dont think that will happen (not including the new Masteries)

1 Like

I did just think of something that might work for the shared Armory idea. That is where multiple characters can use the same gear. Again, not something that is a priority right now but something to think about.

This would not necessarily be for every single kind of item or at least could be implemented with unique items at first better.

Say you’ve obtained at least 5 duplicates of a unique item. You can sacrifice those items and they can no longer be sold or stored in the stash. Instead now you have a perfect roll of that same item you can equip on any character that is equipped from the Armory. Whether that Armory is something you can access from anywhere similar to the Appearance tab or next to your stash as a physical thing.

I suppose it could be thought of as similar to Kanai’s Cube in Diablo 3 but rather for equipping the items themselves rather than just their effects.

Obviously you could say this reduces obtaining chase items as I think the term is called but at the same time obtaining enough sacrifices is still grinding enough. You could even throw in some other grinding element such as basically ranking up the items somehow.

I’m sure it might not even be considered but just throwing it out there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.