Dupe Unique drop malaise, formerly; Combine identical type unique to increase LP

I’m fine with this implementation as long as it is for specific uniques. (Would be a strange system to have though since it’s not universal.)

Also no vendor recipes please.

I think a rune that shatters uniques into a type of shard that would allow you to ‘undo’ the affix rolls on a legendary would be cool.

If you have a 2 LP Exsanguinous and you rolled some bad mods from the Exalted you used, Shatter a different Exsanguinous to get a “Rune of Unmaking Exsanguinous”. Use that on the 2 LP version and it would get rid of the LP affixes so you can try again with another Exalted item.

Or it could be a rune you add in that lets you overwrite the LP affixes. Achieves the same thing.

I don’t know that I like the idea of allowing people to just grind up to 4LP everything. That would really make set items bad. It would also require the game to be tuned more difficult with the assumption that 4LP would be the norm.

Set items are bad, Mike pretty much acknowledged that in the latest stream. Saying that one or two are good is saying that set items are bad.

My mindset is; if no one is ever going to see a 4LP, what’s the point of having them in the game? Would love to know from EHG if any 4LP have dropped. Probably it has on a Hammer of Lorent* (I have a 3LP HoL).

I just don’t understand how folks are in love with the idea of never getting the one item that won’t (at least partially) fuck you over when you make a legendary. I grow weary of this game’s aesthetic of, “there’s always some shit in your sandwich… enjoy!” Can’t we just have something great that is actually achievable?

*Aside; I can’t decide if a 4LP HoL that you fuse with an awesome hammer is a good legendary. I think it is/would be, but I don’t have enough experience with this game.

Consider yourself confirmed!

https://i.imgur.com/8NjSAUc.png

I’ve seen 4LP Bleeding Hearts. They aren’t impossible to drop, it’s just the compounding difficulty when you up the drop rarity. It’s a point of gear balance for EHG. They don’t want 3 or 4 LP Orion’s Eyes, Ravenous Voids, or Wings of Argentus.

Oh the irony. 4LP on that unique… RNGesus is trolling you hard mate.

1 Like

Wait til you see my 3LP Boulderfists and Xithara’s!

Nah, 3LP is vendortrash (which is like Eurotrash, but you’re allowed to vendor it).

I actually like the idea of trading in some number of duplicate uniques for that unique with 1LP, but I don’t think it should ever go higher than that.

Though i admit that i can’t really elaborate how powerful or too powerful a Unique with 2, 3 or more LP would be - i do admit, that the OP’s statement is, imo, a valuable one.

I have had numerous duplicate uniques that i had to sell - which really feels bad - so. having a chance to use these duplicates to make a better (in whatever way - perhaps LP isn’t even a neccecary state?) version of the remaining Unique would be really cool!

I really don’t understand this. Why does it feel bad to ignore/vendor items that you don’t want? That’s something you do constantly with normal, magic, rare, and exalted items, but I don’t think I ever see anyone saying it feels bad when they do it for those.

Because it’s shinier.

1 Like

It is okay you don’t understand - to be honest, i feel the same with some EHG-decisisons. So let me explain…:

Imo, “Unique” does - or at least should - mean that you have have found something REALLY cool and useful for a LONG time!

But it really is NOT cool finding your random yellow drops be superior to your Uniques at some point - which is, truly spoken, the regular case…

So, yes, i am unhappy with having to sell my Uniques (which should be and feel yunique gameplay-wise) for a few hundred coins - just because Unique isn’t unique in game but comes out to be use- or at least pointless in many instances after a few levels…

So, the opp to “upgrade” your Uniques would mean to take item-hunting (be it intended or just random) to a new and rewarding level - which should be in EHG’s interest…

So you’ve projected your own personal interpretation of what a Unique is and should be over top of what they actually are, and in summary, the reason it feels bad is basically what @Bakageyama said:

“Because Uniques should be shinier”.

…???

No sure if i got you right - but MY “personal interpretation” is less worth than EHGs “personal interpretation” because…???

Because they’re making the game, and you’re not.

I think every aRPG has “bad” unique type items though. Low level uniques aren’t going to be useful to end game builds. At least Last Epoch has a use for those (3 or 4 LP). 4 LP Bleeding Hearts are really good. Potentially BiS for low life ward builds.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but doesn’t PoE have Divinitaion Cards for a lot of those things, which are very much farmable? Sure. It will still take long, but it’s a thing that you can work towards. Which sounds a bit more like the things that were suggested in this post. Being able to work towards that big goal, even if it takes a long time to achieve.

I believe that is called an opinion and feedback on what he would like changed.

Div cards are a more incremental way of working towards getting certain uniques, yes. But they tend to have fairly low drop rates for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Thanks Llama8, that’s what it is.