Dungeon design is terrible

The fact that you can’t practice the bosses at all and need to run 5-10 minutes through a not-so-interesting dungeon makes me basically to never want to engage with those systems ever.
I guess at some point I will feel like I have to because of the benefits, but dang, who thought that only one try against bosses that have several one shot mechanics and where each attempt costs you a very limited resource was ever a good idea?
Like yeah if you’re a dev and can just load up a new fight in your dev tool and do it 40 times in a row and practice and THEN do the whole dungeon in game I can see how it can be a thrilling moment at the end to see if you beat the boss, but for normal players, this system just sucks and doesn’t allow for skills to develop without pouring in an unreasonable amount of time that is wasted running the same dungeon over and over and gathering keys

7 Likes

I second that. After 2nd death at the boss I don’t feel like doing the dungeon all over again just to be killed on another 1-shot mechanic if I’m not careful. It’s just too frustrating.

I’m mostly with you. It’s not 5-10 minutes to find the boss, but it’s tedious and everything great I can say regarding backtracking in monoliths simply doesn’t apply to dungeons.

I’m also not a fan of the labyrinth rule with only one try, I could live with spending another key to respawn before the boss room.

Just try the dungeon in a lower tier and fight the boss without attacking, after 10-15minute of learning you’ll be able to dodge everything, that’s how i learned and tbh it’s not that hard.

1 Like