Duel Wielding Void Knight Rive 0.8.1F

Hey, so I am new to this game so please excuse my probably dumb question but I just can’t figure it out.

Why do we skill Avatar of Regret? The -10% attack speed results in -10% dps with rive and the benefit is 10% more echo chance. If echo chance only means an attack gets doubled we basically get 10% chance for double damage which results in 10% dps gain. So In the end we don’t really get anything out of it.

I tried looking up the echo mechanic but did not really find anything useful so any hints or sources to get a better understanding would be appreciated.

The Avatar causes the echoes to fire off faster for more damage. Make sure you are taking all 15 points in Dread just below it. The echo chance % is key to mobs spreading the echo.

Welcome to the community!

This is only true if your attack speed is at 100% attack speed. You have much more than 100% in the build especially when buffed.

I wont get into formulas and bla bla but the more Attack speed you have over 100% the less Diminishing return that 10% is and the MOre efficient the 10% Chance to proc double damage is

Thanks for taking the time to answer. As I think I’m gonna take a rather deep dive into this game I actually looked up the damage formula and see why it makes sense.
Again, thanks for all the great builds, guides and entertaining videos.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.