Dual Wield Question Paladin

I remember seeing video where using warpath & dual wielding a scepter & one handed sword in off-hand is optimal. Has to do with a node in warpath skill tree but I cannot remember which one. But I do know I have points in it (away from my pc atm). So I’m currently using the unique Firestarter sceptor but every time I try to equip a sword or a dagger, I am unable to do so. So I’ve been using a shield for off-hand. I was using a rare sceptor in the past & same happened; unable to equip one handed sword in off-hand. Perhaps I’m not understanding something? Using flame burst warpath smite build.

You need to have a point specced in the “Gladiator” Passive Node in the Base Sentinel Tree to be able to dual wield. Dual wielding in LE is always enabled by a passive point and it is not a baseline feature that every class can do. Also different classes can wield different things in the Off-Hand. In Sentinels case you can only use a Sword in Off-Hand, while Rogue can wield Swords and Daggers in the Off-Hand. Primalist can wield Swords and Axes. And Spellblade (not Mage) can wield swords in the Off-Hand.

The reason why you want to have a scepter is very likely that you want to do some spell damage with triggered spells like Smite or Flame Burst etc. if you don’t have any Caster Weapon with Flat Base Spell damage, spells don’t deal nearly as much damage, because they are missing a lot of flat scaling.

1 Like

While warpathing, with a sceptre you get 100 fire pen as well. So usually thats where you see it. if you have a sword, you get 10% base crit. So for warpath spell builds or even just normal warpath ignite builds who dont care about spell damage sceptre is the go to for the massive firepen.

1 Like

Thank you! I must’ve missed picking up that Gladiator node.

Thanks for the explanation. :+1:

Holy paladin so far so good