DPS (Damage Per Second) isn't a good stat and should be renamed

Exactly. I used Judgement in my example because right now, if you equip “30% Attack Speed” Gloves (from having none previously), Judgement DPS shoots up. Um, FALSE. It isn’t affected one iota, because it has a 5 second cooldown.

DPS is fine. DPH is also needed.

I’m okay with using the test dummy for EA, but we really need DPH eventually.

But in most cases, it does. The higher your hit damage is, the more damage you do, the higher your APS the more hits you get in in a given time period and in the real world, the more hits you can get in before you need to move to avoid Bad Things ™. So DPS is still a reasonable proxy for how much damage you can get out, regardless of your uptime.

I thought you were against maths-averse people? With your suggestion you’ll get people wondering why their dps goes down even though their damage per hit goes up (not being able to cope with the maths to get from DPH & APS to DPS).

As I said earlier, when the devs finish updating the character screen, all of the info you’d want to see will be available to you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.