Download online progress for offline use

Please consider unifying online and offline inventory/characters

I started playing online just because it was the new thing and just in case i would play with a friend in the future, but having to play with constant lag, dcs and all that makes me wanna switch to offline but for some reason these modes have separate inventories and I dont want to start a new character with 0 materials/items in stash.

Just let me play offline with whatever I want and still have my items

Offline saves its data locally. because it does not require an internet connection other then the first log in, which eventually will be removed too.

How do you expect to ask the server for your character info for offline when you are in the mountains with no net?

Then you have to consider that because offline is saved locally, you cant let it go back to the server because of risk of exposure to unwanted data, or from people cheating while offline away from the servers eyes and then the server accepting otherwise good data on its end it reads after the offline session.

its better for everyone if the two remain distinct. offline players dont want to need an internet connection to play, and online players dont want cheaters using offline to cheat.

4 Likes

If that’s the issue, my solution would be to have an option to let us ONLY download/sync the data from the cloud/servers to our local pc to sync the progress. That way you can play offline with what you have online and then keep progressing and you never upload data to the servers

While I understand that it’s quite frustrating for other people to start over again in online mode after hundreds of hours of grinding poured in offline mode, it’s guaranteed that there are people using cheats in the game right now (offline of course), or even those who used cheats in the past and is now part of their “offline save data”. Assuming this suggestion will be implemented, then those cheated save data is simply going to be uploaded in the cloud. I’m afraid it will not make any difference.

As I said, to avoid that I recommended an option to ONLY DOWNLOAD data from the server. You wouldn’t be able to upload progress from your cheated save file, you would only be able to download your online progress and have it available on your local/offline data.

My bad, I misinterpreted that as the other way around. But even so, what if you were able to download your online progress and play it in offline and suddenly you want to play online again? So your offline progress is just wasted? (I mean if you’re fine with that, then sure).

Assuming you’re playing online, but what if you want to play offline and download your save file, so just delete/overwrite your previous offline data?

It can be optional, everyone could choose not to do it

Can i suggest you rename your post subject as option to download Online Character for offline use?

Might get fewer people misunderstanding your suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.