Doom Void Knight 0.8.2F Build

Hi, I’m pretty new to the game so sorry if this is a dumb question but is this build playable without the axe? As in would I be able to play this character while farming for the axe or would I have to make another to farm the axe out first as it will just not work at all without it?
Thanks

Welcome to the community!

You can use a regular crafted 2 handed axe with some added void damage on it. It will be less effective but it will work until you find the weapon

Thank you!

And thats great, thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to giving it a go tonight.

I’d suggest the 2hander “Dreamthorn” until you get the empowered Unique from Orobyss. ^^

2 Likes

If you habe it yes it will work good as well

I am trying this build right now and I really like it! It Rocks!
Thanks a loooot for finding it, Boardman21! :slight_smile:

I am also running one vertical Idol with 24% mana efficiency for void spells + 35% slow for void spells, helps with kiting and one doesn’t need thaaat much mana regeneration =)

I really want to see how far I can push this build, though I think for higher corruption levels the void knight has defense issues compared to other classes.
But I will see!

1 Like

Hi !

Currently do not have the Apahty’s Maw.
So what I’am running is a dual wielding with a scepter and a 1H sword

• the scepter with mana cost reduction & spell damage and void melee damage
  • the sword (Katana) with adaptive spell damage & void damage

Also 2 siphon of Anguish until Apathy’s Maw.

What do you think of that setup ?

First post on the forums, but a long time lurker. Always a fan of tanky melee builds and this has been pretty good so far. Leveled dual wield Rive, but once you get devouring orb this thing slaps HARD. Using Dreamthorn and the anguish ring while I level this thing to get Apathys Maw. Thanks for the build.

1 Like

Dreamthorn is such a good low level unique.

Hey Boardman, do you think that going deeper on the echoes before killing Shade of Orobyss may increase Apathy’s Maw drop rate? Thanks.

Yup.
10 chars

1 Like

I am having a hard time getting this axe… trying on high corruption 90 echoes, even going deeper is not helping… I guess this is just a very rare drop indeed.

Just a note here re the minimum corruption…
I got the Items - Last Epoch Item Database yesterday after only around ~ 120 corruption… Was not expecting it at all so I noticed the drop and checked corruption etc… I was very very very deep into the Mof Map with a minimum of 6 or 7 modifiers and the Shade kills were dropping multiple uniques for me so perhaps it was a factor of corruption but ALSO of the stacked mof bonuses.

As far as I’m aware, there’s a gate based on the minimum corruption & depth ('cause going deep is always better!).

It’s also entirely possible that for the 300 corruption I’m thinking of Omnis rather than Apathy’s Maw which I think has a minimum of 50 (namely that it can drop in normal monoliths as long as you’ve capped the corruption).

I got the axe and I never played higher than 115 corruption. I mean, empowered mono and one only shade, the first I found. I think I got my axe during the second fight, which was supposed to reduce the corruption.

Here is my build planner for it. Crushing content with the build. Thanks Boardman.

it took a long time for me to get it… got in The Age of Winter empowered corruption 135

For higher corruption, I can recommend a Titan Heart as an additional defensive option.

Recently I dropped an almost max-roll Blade-of-the-forgotten-knight and am running this build with a one-hand sword + shield right now.

I still crit the dummy for 120-150k with Rive and Doom Ticks for 8-10k with the siphon of the anguish, while being quite tanky.

But the best part is the 100% movement speed, thanks to the haste chance from the blade-of-the-forgotten-knight, which procs almost always with all the hits this build generates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.