Does my mage need attunement?

I know that “attunement grants 2 points of mana and improves skills that rely on the innate magic inside you and your surroundings,” but what does that actually mean? How does it affect my skills? Does it cause resistance penetration? Does it provide more damage? How much extra damage does it cause per point of attunement? Does it make the skill cost less mana? I’ve tried looking at all the mages’ skills using the alt button, but none of the mage’s skills say what attunement does for them. Everything I read says that mages need attunement, but nothing I’ve read says exactly why my mage needs it.
Any help?

1 Like

This is just a fluffy way of saying to look at your skill base and see if Attunement modifies that skill.

I’m pretty certain almost no mage skills have attunement as it’s base. This is mainly seen in stuff like Primalist and Sentinel Spells.

So essentially as a mage the ONLY thing you would most likely get from stacking attunement is those 2 extra mana points. Which is not going to be worth it.

This isn’t to say there might not be some weird outlying meme build that mixes in attunement but for those most part it won’t help a mage.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. That is pretty much what I was assuming.

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up, attunement is not useless, it depends on what you’re going for. As an example, fundamental criterion uses attunement to buff dmg. Without that attunement, a lot of dmg would be lost. Hydra runemaster uses this and clearly attunement is a huge part of the build. This is not some random build, its used by many.

So it truly depends what you’re doing on your build. You may need to check passives, if something relates to attunement where you find adding some points to attunement could help. Search passives for “attunement” when you have the passive window open.

1 Like

This, but long story short, we are not at that stage yet where we see some meme builds work… Game is still fairly new and taken in more suggestions and feedback more now than ever… Maybe we will see some in the future :slight_smile:

As an example, fundamental criterion uses attunement to buff dmg.

…of Invocations.
It doesn’t buff damage of any Mage spell. It only buffs Runemaster’s Runic Invocations.

So yes, if you are a Hydra Runemaster, Attunement is not useless. For the remaining ~90% Mage builds, Attunement gives that +2 mana :slight_smile: