Do we have permanent leagues as well as 3-month leageus (cycles)?

I know that Last Epoch will have cycles, which is similar to Path of Exile’s temp leagues. But at the end of each cycle, would all my characters and gear migrate to a permanent league, which I can continue to play long-term? I prefer to develop my characters nice and slow.

1 Like

I couldn’t imagine that not happening. I personally don’t play standard (perm league) since it’s stale and cycles I generally feel like I’m working towards something. Unfortunately PoE has had a lot of awful rewards in their leagues so I skipped a bunch so that’s another factor for me. Also the league has to be good of course but I don’t see reason why there would be an issue migrating characters unless they did something like a void cycle if they try to get crafty at some point.

Hello,

We will not be deleting your characters at the end of a three month Cycle; they’ll remain playable. They may be temporarily unavailable until the migration process has been completed.

1 Like

thanks for reply. Glad to hear that LE will also have a perm league.

1 Like

Do you guys have any plans to try to keep the permanent league relevant (within your necessarily limited means, naturally), or will it more likely become a dumpster league as it has in PoE?

1 Like

Nice, that’s what I am going to play permanent league. Nothing against leagues or seasons, I played a lot of them myself in Diablo 2 and PoE, but I prefer now to play in a league where the characters are not deleted and where I can come back to my old characters whenever I want to while being able to play with others. Glad to hear that something like this will be in the game.

Good to hear. I will most likely play the permanent league exclusively. The exception being something truly interesting in a league which would entice me enough to endure the excruciating pain of starting from scratch and feeling “rushed” (I get they are like, 3 months long, but still…). I mean, the league would have to be really special.

3 Likes

I, too, am a fan of permanent leagues. I play a game when the mood strikes and it may take me 6 months just to finish story missions, depending on my schedule and whims. I like to have my characters somewhere that affords me the opportunity to build at my own pace.

1 Like

It’s a very good question and i hope LE will be the one to finally bring usefull permanent leagues !
Since in D3 or PoE, permanent league is exactly what you describe : a dumpster league…

So if we can get something cool for LE, it would be very great :crossed_fingers:

1 Like