Do we have any confirmation if the Avalanche boulder idols proc a large or small one?

This is relevant because there’s tons of nodes on the avalanche tree that do interesting things with large boulders, but you are forced to push that button. I was planning to do a minion frostbite shaman, thorn explosion, and for that I kinda need to be in spriggan form and I have no way to cast avalanche for the sweet 100% frostbite chance on the frozen ground.

The only way to proc avalanche cheaply is with the idols, but we really need to know if what the idols proc is a big boulder or a small one.

Nevermind, apparently “Intensity” converts small ones into big ones, so with two 11% idols that will be 4% of your casts or 5% of your attacks will get a big boulder, so we’ll be able to somewhat keep the buff alive. another insteresting fact is that we can generate the first storm stack this way to get “Friends of the Tempest” rolling while transformed. Neat!

1 Like

From the patch notes: “Effects which create Avalanche boulders create smaller boulders unless stated otherwise.” so i’d assume that applies to the idols.