Deflect and weave falconer passive node bugged

Falconer’s passive node Deflect and weave 5 point bonus - converting all block chance to glancing blow chance does not work. It did however work on my offline character right after release.

2 Likes

Same here. I am playing online. Have all 5 points allocated and still have block chance, while glancing blow chance does not increase

Same issue. Online character

to be clear on this. when you guys say it isn’t working. you took damage to test it, or just looking at the character menu?

for example. I also have this specced, and have cradle of the erased shield. now, the character sheet does NOT display having 0 block, or having 94% glancing blows, as I should.
however, it does show me having the buff. and the buff never goes away. I never block, and lose it. so deflect and weave is working for me, but its not displayed.

I’m in HC so not about to test it.
I guess you could test it with super low level mobs though.

It would be awesome if there was one target dummy that did damage. But they’d have to make it safe, I’m not sure how that would work.

To clarify: GB is the same for me, the character sheet doesn’t move.

still not fixed!

I don’t want to check the mechanics myself and read the news every hour! I want to see 0 blocks and play the game

i had generic shield, 5 points in the passive, i stood in low level zone, and there was blocking sound and text block block. When i switched to cradle aegis shield, it stops. I think the problem runs deeper and the unique shield itself is acting differently.

Also just curious, IF everything worked correctly, would this unique shield increase the glancing chance with its buff stacks?

I saw this bug visually too, I’m only at the start of gearing so I don’t have the resources to test (The best thing would be the affix that heals on glance)

But I did found a bunch of low level skeletons that were consistently hitting me for 11-13 damage, and every so often a low roll (Like a 6 or 7)
If I had 50% glancing blows, I’d expect there to be a higher spread (Since it’s a 35% reduction)

My suspicision is that the glancing blow is currently not rewarded.

2 Likes

Just tested here myself.

I have 92% glancing blow chance when Poise is active (Double chance if not hit recently), which is reflected in the character screen. Likewise, changes to dodge rating are reflected with Dusk Shroud stacks gained from the Shroud of Dusk passive on Bladedancer (4 to 32% chance to gain stack when hit, which grants +5% glancing Blow and +50 dodge rating), which are also visible on the character screen.

Equipping or un-equipping a shield is not reflected, nor is the the Apostasy passive from Bladedancer (Convert all dodge rating to glancing blow at 200%; you cannot dodge), though you will be unable to dodge regardless.

During testing in a Lv.4 (Fortress Walls), Lv.20 (Shattered Valley), and Lv.28 area (Imperial Thetima), enemy damage properly triggered Poise and Shroud of Dusk, but did not show any significant change when wielding a shield, even when the listed glancing blow chance was 55 to 71% (as should have shown sufficient variance).

As there are no Healing floaters (like damage received/dealt), I cannot be certain whether the passive effects of Deflect and Weave (+1 to +5% block and glancing blow chance, gain 3 to 15 health on block or glancing blow) are being triggered, as my regeneration was sufficient to negate the damage received.