Defense Layers

Looking for some ideas on how to build up my defense layers on my VK. About lv 75 right now, using Warpath Polearm.

My defenses are mainly, thus far, armor, resistances, movement, leech and 100% crit avoidance. I’ve been refining a loot filter on paper and in practice using the affix database, and realizing that there are some suffixes that are sort of a toss up. I also have some monster debuffs in play that help a bit as well.

Assuming 100% Crit avoidance, and resistances are all capped and damage continues to be a non issue:
Is dodge the most valuable next step?
Glancing blows is pretty scarce, can I expand my defenses with that without significant passive changes?
What other defense mechanisms might I have to increase my tankiness?
How can I expect these defenses to stack up once I get to later content?

Finally, does Trident of the Last Abyss cash Abyssal Echoes as specced? Or is it only triggering a plane-jane version? [This skill can be spec’d to instant cast some valuable, large AOE debuffs and void penetration self buff.]

You should upload your character in Dammitt’s Build Planner to get more detailed help

Generally i would say if you have decent armour and resistances stacking health is probably the easiest thing, but as i said, i would need more details on your character to give very specific help.

Also keep in mind you don’t have to forcefully cap resistances in LE, if you have like 60-70% resistance not sacrificing an additional affix slot for it and instead deticate this affix slot to anotehr defensive layer is more valuable in LE.

It does use the specced version, although the Melee Void Pen will not work, because that node specifically states “for each time you manually cast Abyssal Echo recently”

Thanks a lot!

I was more interested in the trident triggering the debuff aspect; I find the penetration only noticeable on very strong rares and bosses :smiley: So that makes me very happy to hear! I’ll figure out how to upload it and post it back here later this weekend, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.