December Development Update: 0.9.0 Date Locked!

It is you that are living in an imaginary world. Your view point does not exist in an entreprenuers mind. Do you think Steve Jobs or Elon Musk share your view point? So I take it you will not be buying D4 because it does not have wide open trade on everything, surely actiblizz got it wrong because they did not implement what you described? Many companies don’t exist purely to copy what others have done but try and do it cheaper. If all companies did that the world would be in a very bad place.

What channel? Right now I get some “2 of my 5 viewers said they wont buy LE anymore!” vibes. Just want to know to drop by some time.

Or they maybe make more money because the 2Trade suxx!" community is maybe bigger?

That’s why most ARPGs settle on fundamental gameplay systems and loops so they have the least possible work and the most polished product. When I think back to the Beta days of Poe Le is gold compared to it.

Define success please. EHG caters to a specific niche of players and will never be successfull compared to Diablo or PoE but will have a reasonable ammount of players just because it is a hack and slay.

I realy think there is no excuse to jump to such conclusions shrug.

EHG said they follow up with another article on trading and as long as this article isn’t there there is no more reason to beat the topic like a dead horse. Maybe we get trade somewhere inbetween 0.9. and 1.0 or as a promise for 1.5 or no trade at all… only EHG knows and they’ll tell us soon enough.
At least I was at peace when I read the article and I’m happy to see what they have to tell us. Outside of this I think every pro and con and trade idea ever has already been named ^^.

I´m not gonna think & dwell too much about anything.
There are things I miss and want, and things I greatly like.
1 more thing I know for a fact as well, is that this game is not fully finished yet.

Your view point does not exist in an entreprenuers mind. Do you think Steve Jobs or Elon Musk share your view point?

Sure they share, do you think they are recognised for failed launch products or for success ones? I mean $ucce$$. I don’t know where you live, but it’s not in the same world as mine for sure!

So I take it you will not be buying D4 because it does not have wide open trade on everything, surely actiblizz got it wrong because they did not implement what you described?

Diablo 4 will have less players than it could have because of absence of free trade for sure. Why do you think PoE is king? Because it has systems which can please the majority and they try something “”“new”“” with continuous support and work. Also Diablo 3’s past i’ts not the best shape when it comes to trade so we can safely say not having a RMAH would lead more to a positive reaction than to a negative reaction. You are comparing two different things. Last Epoch have a clean past on that subject.

Many companies don’t exist purely to copy what others have done but try and do it cheaper.

Yep and that’s the reason we have successfull games and unsucessfull ones. To copy and improve is a valuable thing, to create something new from scrach which can please the majority of customers is more valuable but to not copy or create and lose players aka money in the proccess has no value at all.

I don’t think you strengthen your argument by bringing in Elon Musk. He’s not a good example for someone that makes well thought out decisions.

1 Like

What is your source for this? I haven’t been able to figure out what all these people who claim pro/anti trade group numbers are basing their numbers on. I’d love to see statistics on people who play ARPGs to play ARPGs, those who play because there’s open trade, those who play because there isn’t, and all the others!

edit:
there was a poll on reddit with about 900 responses, done shortly after the news dropped
it had 3 choices.
324 selected “It was great! Exactly what I wanted
300 selected “Disappointed was hoping for some more freedom in trade
275 selected “Meh, either way is fine or doesn’t impact me
not that many responses, but trade vs no trade ended up about even

1 Like

I don’t think you strengthen your argument by bringing in Elon Musk. He’s not a good example for someone that makes well thought out decisions.

Yeah he is just the richest man in the world, mind you. YOU are probably right KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :rofl:

1 Like

What channel? Right now I get some “2 of my 5 viewers said they wont buy LE anymore!” vibes. Just want to know to drop by some time.

hahaha a little bit more than 5 viewers even though the channel has 1 year life (around 200k+ views) Although I talk in other language and google translation can be imprecise, you are welcome! Sent you a DM cause I’m not interested in any self promotion whatsoever. I’m here just trying to help this game reach the potential it has so I can play it a lot with friends :smiley:

Or they maybe make more money because the 2Trade suxx!" community is maybe bigger?

Facts prove otherwise. Just look at major titles on the genre. Diablo 3 had much more players with the terrible RMAH than after Reaper of Souls. PoE is the king of ARPG and has free trade. Diablo 2 Ressurected had so much consecutive players that the server couldn’t handle. Remake of a game so old that I was 11 years old on it’s realease, mind you and yes it has free trade…

That’s why most ARPGs settle on fundamental gameplay systems and loops so they have the least possible work and the most polished product. When I think back to the Beta days of Poe Le is gold compared to it.

LE is Gold? LE demands more of GPU and CPU than Cyberpunk on Ultra with Ray Tracing on and LE has much worse graphics than PoE it self and animations. You are looking at bronze thinking it’s gold, friend.

Define success please.

A product reach it’s maximum potential on sales with a large audience and keep performing well overtime. That is success. We have a lot of games which got there. From “expensive” (Elden Ring) to low priced ones (Terraria).

EHG caters to a specific niche of players and will never be successfull compared to Diablo or PoE

On your own words you believe less than I on LE’s potential. What a shame!

I know you guys are desperate trying to defend this direction, but I’m far from conviced as a lot of people I know too. Devs can deliver a better solution for us all and for them too.

but trade vs no trade ended up about even

Considering only the “metrics” you’ve shared (the reddit pool) and your comment: so you are basically saying 50% less pleased players and potential buyers, it’s ok? I see. Well KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK if you think that way…

I’m most likely the biggest critic when it comes to the “no trade” matter right now. As I said above they already said they make an announcment about trading and untill then I thin I wrote at least 40 posts on the matter At hand ^^.

There are just pros & cons to trading you can’t ignore but your viewpoint is a bit onesided. Even thou I dislike the “no trade” policy mentioned in the announcment I never discarded the perspectives of other players because everyone who is concerned about droprates or community split ups and economy problems isn’t worng. I still like to be able to trade freely with the friends I play with with And nothing else matters to me but I still want to find a common ground with people who dislike trade.

Consider the peak player count and the ammount of people who use the stand alone launcher the number from the reddit post is justa fraction of players/future players. Most people don’t give a rats ass about the topic because they on’t care and play the game either way.
Look into the trade threads we have right now and you’ll see mostley the same people using the same oppinions on the topic and move in cycles.

We need a statement from EHG and without it we’ll have to life with the meh gifting system.

I provided the only statistics I could find. I didn’t give my opinion at all in that reply, nor am I trying to imply it. I’m only asking for data and sharing what little I could find. So no, I’m not saying anything. It’s data. I didn’t even say it’s good, but it’s more than you’ve provided to back your claim. Regardless, if you want to bend the data to fit your agenda, by all means.

Also, your math is off. Only ~33% of polled players are unhappy with the decision. Not 50%.

Yeah. But still my argument stands. It’s not about being rich. It’s about making reasonable decisions. That’s not one of his core strenghts. He’s the richest man in the world despite being the person he is, not because.

People can be idiots and be rich at the same time, mind you?

1 Like

Also, your math is off. Only ~33% of polled players are unhappy with the decision. Not 50%.

My math is off and you said EVEN. Yep… sure… Even is 50%, wtf KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK how can 33% be EVEN. ow my god KKKKKKK

EDIT: 33% = 67% = Even. by Kolak.

Yeah. But still my argument stands.

No your argument does not stands. Just to you know I printed your comment and you make a lot of people laugh in wpp groups because your comment was total nonsense, but yeah STANDS… off course.

There are just pros & cons to trading you can’t ignore but your viewpoint is a bit onesided.

My suggestion included 3 different systems: solo, coop limited (item gifting) and free trade.
How can that be one-sided? I’m including most complainers here.

the number from the reddit post is justa fraction of players/future players.

For sure it’s just a fraction as the actual players are fraction of the potential future customers. We are talking about potential buyers who nobody can share any metric other than existing ones through social medias and apps.

I agree with you we need a statement from EHG and I still hope they will come up with a better idea before 1.0.

I don’t know if this a translation thing but your whole argumentation looks flawed to most people answering you. Isn’t this something that makes you think that you are maybe wrong or worded something wrong?

This is an example @xolak is right… 900 people voted ~1/3 said it was a great descission ~1/3 said bad descission and ~1/3 didn’t care at all. I don’t know how you end up with 50%… maybe you ignore the people who don’t mind at all but that flaws the whole calculation.

I don’t get all that KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK writing and I don’t know if there is some kind of language barrier… took me years to get what spanish people mean when they write jajajajaja.

Show me those facts please. All I know is after RoS the playernumbers increased but maybe I’m wrong but you sound like you’ve evidence so share it please.

If you compare the Beta stages yes for sure. PoE needed a long time to be the game it was at release and it took even longer to become the game we know today.

Ever heared of Vampire Survivors? Everyone and their grandmas told the dev the game is underpriced. While he sold a lot of copies and the hype was reaaaaal big that is success when it comes to sold copys but not when it comes to playercount or money made. So it’s a nice game with some success but after all it fall flat again because it outlifed it’s prime.

We can talk about success in years but maybe EHG thinks they’ve success if they have 500 concurrent players. We don’t know what EHG is thinking to call LE a success but it’s up to them.

LE has a ton of problems from unfluid combat to bad hit detection to bad combat sounds to meh skill visuals and so on and so forth. LE is in most departments worse then a lot of hack and slays out there. I’m just realistic and LE needs a lot of work still. Before the whole trade mess I was sure EHG is able to get everything done in a good way and make as many as possible people as happy as possible with the game. Right now I start to wonder if everything will be as pleasing as I thought in the past.

your whole argumentation looks flawed to most people answering you

This is easy to explain, please pay attention to understand what I will write very carefully and slowly so you can read without any translation problem: You guys just want to be right ignoring the fact my suggestion just please most of players (including you all replying and complaning for nothing) probably because accepting the truth: dev’s just don’t want extra work could be too much for you to handle.

I don’t know how you end up with 50%

Maybe because the expression “about even” used by Xolak in his comment is similar to EQUAL? BALANCED? How in the hell Xolak came up with “ABOUT EVEN” for something which is 33% and also have the wood face to write “your math is wrong” KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Read his comment again KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK come on… it’s not too hard to understand!

LE is Gold

You ignored the facts I’ve wrote just to try to be right, but guess what you are still very wrong?
I think there was translation problem on this section. Please translate English into English.

call LE a success but it’s up to them

You asked to define success, I defined success and now “success” sudenlly became a “subjective matter” instead of real matter? Not to mention we are not talking about price definition to a product for profit… How am I supposed to keep replying to your nonsense and not considering you a waste of my time? Question of the year!

At least on your last paragraph we agreed. They will improve, for sure.

You make me laugh all the time, so…

What I said, and I’ll quote it for you:

trade vs no trade ended up about even

There are 3 options. One of them is indifferent. The other 2 are trade/no trade. So yes, 33% does, in fact, equal 33%. Those are equal. Equality does not always mean two things are both half of a total.

Edit:
If you really want to manipulate the data, you could say something like “only 33% of people are happy about this” and that would be true.

1 Like

I can show you, but it would need to involve me being a lot drunker than I am.

I’m really not sure about that, but thanks for the hyperbole, it’s always helpful in a discussion.

It’s one metric for success, yes, but not the only one.

You can’t leave us hanging, what do they mean?

That game looks so bad, I’m glad some people have enjoyed it but for me, not so much.

Yes, all three options were reasonably evenly split. Since there were three (3) options, “even” means 1/3 or 33% (ish). If there were only two (2) options then you would be correct. But there weren’t. Even/equal/balanced does not mean 50%(ish) when there are more than two (2) options.

Success is a subjective matter as it depends on the definition or metric used. There’s commercial success (sales, profit) that you used but there are others such as critical success (what the critics think of it), artistic, user numbers (which will be closely corellated to commercial success for a game with a box price), and, frankly, anything else you can choose to measure.

1 Like