My Account
× My Account Forum Buy Now

Last Epoch Forums

Dark quiver is awful

Not even the amazing buffs will make up for having to run around and pick up randomly spawned arrows.

You lose dps by running around grabbing the arrows which cancels out a lot of the damage boost the buffs give.

It does not feels like it flows well with the class - it feels like a clunky hindrance.

among other things.

Thematically, its also kind of dumb. Why would you shoot arrows up into the sky you intend to pick up as soon as they fall?

Just is not a fun skill at all.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few masochists that think Dark Quiver is great, but most players would probably agree with your take.

Dark Quiver is great as a concept but scurrying around like a chicken without a head for the meagre benefits it provides is simply rubbish. No other way to put it.

This has been a topic of discussion every so often with various suggestions on how to fix it floating to the top:

1. Make the arrows fall ahead of the player so that forward momentum is not lost

2. Make the arrow buffs last longer than a single attack per pickup.

3. Turn it into something more like a traditional buff like Holy Aura for Sentinels/Enchant Weapon for Mages which have an active and passive parts/durations based on collecting arrows.

4. … your suggestion on improving it perhaps?

but yes, Dark Quiver aint great right now.

1 Like

The only single build I’ve found that I’ve “liked” Dark Arrow on is the long gestation version of Hail of Arrows. It’s the only time I’ve found that running around to pick them up even remotely bearable and/or effective.

I feel like one possible solution would be some sort of vacuum like affect that has a timer.

So the skill would go.

Throw Dark Arrows.
They land.
The moment you pick up the first one, there’s a six (arbitrary number for spitball purposes) second timer that you have to fire. During this when you use an arrow another one nearby is automatically vacuumed up and ready to be used.

The timer only occurs once per use of the skill (not an individual arrow) and once it goes out, you’d still have to manually pick up any remaining arrows.

Just an idea.