Cycle of Putrescence Does not work for anything but Zombies

The Ring of Putrescence says “+1 to level of minion damage over time skills”
Ignite is a minion damage over time skill, but my mages don’t get the levels,
World Pyre, burning bones and infernal aura are all damage over time skills but my golem does not get the levels.
Ignite on fire wraiths again no levels,
Fire archers get ignite again no levels from putrescence.
Even if for some reason Ignite does not count as a minion damage over time skill (though literally it is), Infernal Aura for Golem certainly should,.

Also the ring grants flat damage.
“+(18 to 27) Poison Damage for your Minions’ Damage Over Time Spells”
I am almost certain the flat poison damage also does not seem to apply to fire golems Infernal Aura. Ignite also does not benefit… but maybe ignite itself is not considered a spell even if it is a result of a spell like fire ball? However infernal Aura is a minion damage over time spell so should get the + flat poison damage from the ring,

Ignite is a minion damage over time skill, but my mages don’t get the levels,

No it isn’t, so of course they wouldn’t.

World Pyre, burning bones and infernal aura are all damage over time skills but my golem does not get the levels.

Infernal Aura is not a damage over time skill. Burning Bones and World Pyre are upgrades for the Golem, not skills. Pyre Golem is not a Damage Over Time Minion skill.

Fire archers get ignite again no levels from putrescence.

Ignite is not a skill, and Fire Arrow is not a damage over time skill.

Even if for some reason Ignite does not count as a minion damage over time skill (though literally it is),

No, it literally isn’t, your minions are not casting a skill called Ignite. Ignite is an ailment.

Ok… I see the point on ignite. I caveated that a bit in my post.

But clearly infernal aura should have a damage over time tag, it is a spell that also does damage over time. I agree it does not have the tag but it should.

Actually, it also works for putrid ( poison ) wraiths by adding the skill in the tree or by using the 2x2 idol that gives you the chance to them.

It should work for skeletons and golems as well, but you’re right, it doesn’t.

1 Like

I think there’s chance for some of these other minions you mentioned to have DoT tag down the road. Might be intentional that Pyre Golem didn’t get buffed because they are just testing out this ring (intended to be used on Volatile Zombies but then they should have just said + skill and dmg to Volatile Zombie, instead of DoT minions), or might just be oversight.

I was disappointed too that only Volatile Zombies get buffed from the ring (and apparently Poison Wraith as above posted mentioned) when I was testing the ring out. I was kinda hoping the Pyromancers get a buff too because their fireball has an ignite chance nodes :rofl: which could add a DoT tag to them.

1 Like

This is more then likely a bug.

I can confirm the rings flat damage does work on the golems. if you read infernal aura you see it applies its damage effectiveness based on an interval. this is exclusive for DoT.

it just does not have the DoT tag for some reason but does scale with DoT effects(Because it is a DoT)

Similarly even though the minion does large amounts of DoT, it does not have the DoT tag.

1 Like

I agree, I’d think that it would.

To be clear, I was pointing out that it doesn’t, so it’s not weird that the ring would not have any effect on it.

It’s kind of weird that it would though. Putrid Wraiths the minion don’t have a DoT tag and neither does the skill that they use: Putrid Wraith - Last Epoch Minions

I have a feeling maybe the system automatically regards Poison tag as a DoT tag.

1 Like