Crit question

Hey everyone, I’m currently running a glacier source and I’m confused about the the difference between spell critical hit and critical strike chance. They both seem to raise my critical chance for my spells so it seems like they’re redundant. Is there any benefit to using one over the other?

Spell crit chance & crit chance both do the same thing (increase your crit chance), but spell crit only affects skills tagged as spells, while “crit chance” will affect every skill (except minions).

Since spell crit is more specific, it gives bigger numbers & is the one that you would want if you had to prioritise, though they will both apply to spells if you want to get as much crit chance as possible.

Do you know the comparrson off hand like for instance 1 sch is worth x chc? Further would that mean that on a ring for instance you’d be better off not putting chc but rather a second damage modifier like elemental or spell as along with your primary element?

I found spell critical chance is much more than critical chance at the same lv.

but still confuse about the increase XXX% critical chance calculate according to what

https://imgur.com/4Zzc3Iw

Is what you’re looking for. The answer to your second question is, as always, “it depends” on how much your total % increased damage is.

Base crit chance for everything in Last Epoch is 5%.

Most critical chance modifers are % increased.

There are some affixes/implicits that give base crit chance, most notabley dagger implicits give generic abse crit, some of the catalyst off-hands give base spell crit and melee weapon prefix “Slayer’s” gives Melee Base Crit.

There are of course a few more, even some uniques that give very specific base crit and also some skill spec tree give base crit for the skill.

All your % increased crit chance then will increase your base crit chance.

Now I am fairly clear about crit.
but as surge lightning spellblade,had to choose scept and sword in build.
I’ll have a look at catalyst if its fit in the build or not.
Thanks for reply.

You could also think about using the “Rune Dagger” Base Type, it’s lvl 61 and gives 3-4% Generic Base Crit and 30-40 Adaptive Spell Damage

At what percent does adding more critical chance become redundant? Currently, my sorc has about 71% critical chance but I’m sure not all passives that give me more crit are taken into consideration. Also, is there any benefit t to ever er adding intelligence instead of spell or Elemental damage as it seems like it gives less damage return.

When you are at or close to 100%

Best way to find out is to test on the dummy, if you mainly see yellow numbers and just few to none white ones you have probably enough crit chance.
sorc has no element specific crit chance on the tree, so the charactersheet should take all those into consideration. there is a class specific crit chance affix for lightning, which would not show up on the character sheet.

Edit:
forgot to mention that some skills can also have a base crit chance, which also wouldn’t show up on the character sheet

If you build into ward, you can scale damage and ward retention through intelligence. Also some skills have nodes that give benefits per intelligence.

I choose the unique sceptre CULNIVAR’S CLAIM for main hand, and 6% crit scroll for offhand.
Found its worked at the lightning blast surge spellblade build.
After all, this build only does a bit of melee elemental damage, and my surge cast lightning blast crit reach 60K (each hit) now.
I think its perfect for now.
Thanks for reply.

Culnivar’s Claim is indeed a very powerful unique, if you can work around the mana into ward conversion.

I perfect rare crafted Obisdian Sceptre will probably be better though

I tried it. Only reach 40~50K each hit.
The unique got one more useful affix and consider its lightning damage or crit chance,its tier 5.

A rare crafted item should be very very close to the unique.
The unique has more flat damage, but less crit.

But you could get chill/slow/blind/shock on hit on it, which is insanely strong.

So offensive wise it might be slightly worse, but not that much.
It really depends on the rest of your build.

The new tooltip dps is excellent to judge, if Item A or Item B is tronger, since it takes crit into account.

Yes its a problem and choose another unique, shocking boot STROMTIDE.
Maybe I should seek a dagger for main hand that you mentioned yesterday, if it has right tier 6/7 affix
I took a thought about above idea, maybe my crit chance is too much,
maybe I should test all of them then decide which is the best for my build.

Yeah, the new exalted affixes really let you rethink your item choice, because even a mediocre base item can be better with those insane T6 and T7 values.

Good luck to find one :smiling_imp:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.