Crash on heorot timeline

Was just trying to do the Heorot timeline, but as soon as I entered the map, my game froze and crashed. I’ve never had a crash before, but upon inspection I think it may be related to the timing of patch 0.8.1c which seems to have hit somewhere between my last map and this new one.

I honestly can’t get myself to try again right now to see if it happens again. I know it’s just 4 maps, but I ran out of the time I had available today and having just wrestled through a horrible selection of map affixes I can’t say I’m feeling like it right now.

Here’s my event viewer log, not that it’s very informative. D would be my NVMe drive.

The program Last Epoch.exe version 2019.4.8.30749 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

• Process ID: 2718*
  • Start Time: 01d70b9af2e228ca*
  • Termination Time: 25*
  • Application Path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe*
  • Report Id: 7a9d5f71-d66e-40be-aad4-1a224ad94bf3*
  • Faulting package full name: *
  • Faulting package-relative application ID: *
  • Hang type: Unknown*

Could you upload your log & crash files from when you crashed?

https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

Must have been the time, I forgot to actually look into the logs of the game itself. Here they are:

Player-prev.log (131.7 KB)
Crash_2021-02-19_154817850.zip (53.5 KB)
DxDiag.txt (104.4 KB)

Quite a few errors spread over those files. I hope it can help pinpoint the crash cause.

:slight_smile: And have you tried getting Steam to verify the files?

Not yet nope as this was the very first crash I experienced with the game.

Considering the timing I suspect it may have something to do with doing echoes when a patch is being introduced. It may be useful to pop a message after completing a map recommending to restart the game to apply a patch.

No, it’s not going to be that, since you need to exit the game to get steam to download & apply the patch.

Got similar issue. After entering on map i got freeze, game not responding error and i need to close the game by closing process. So it is not typical “crash” and i dont have crash report in files. I’m sending player log in that case.
EDIT: Freezes dont apear every time, they are random. Sometimes i can play 2-3 hours without it and sometimes it show up 2-3x in a row.
Player.log (1.1 MB)

Did you try unplugging your speakers/headphones when this happens? Or getting Steam to verify the files.

When it happen again i will try. Steam files done and all good. I will update later on. Thanks for answer

Few days i didin’t have that issue, but i got it today, and unplugging all audio devices didin’t help.

Has this happened multiple times since validating steam files?

2-3 times after validating, then 2-3 days i was playing without issues, then 2-3 times in one day and now i didin’t have issues in last ~2 days. It is very random and hard to say where it could be a reason.

If it starts happening again, keep an eye on how much memory the game might be taking up in Task Manager. That may help us to further identify the issue.

After few days it happend again. And i must say that RAM usage was quite high, almost 13GB. Screenshot from monitoring programs when issue appear: Screenshot by Lightshot

Have you experienced any crashes since your initial report? And have you verified the steam files since then?

I’m getting a crash on Lakeside Trail, first on steam client, so I switched to standalone to see if its consistent. It worked fine for 2 days and now both clients are experiencing it. Yes I verified steam client, yes I tried the audio trick. Neither worked.

Player.log (62.5 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.